chapter three

Reaching the top of the tower, Luka hears screeches getting louder, and wings fluttering heavily. He found a blonde girl running after a howler in mid-air being chased by the majority of messenger birds in the committee tower; the different breeds of vultures were flying rapidly above the the blonde and himself. Non-verbally, Luka casts Immobulus and all the birds; including the the red envelope was frozen in place. For about a minute, Luka took the chance to speak to the girl. She looked disheveled; her ponytail was loose with strands of hair out of place, her uniform was also wrinkled and untucked. He began to write in his notebook but she interrupted before he can show his reply.

"I could have done that myself thank you very much," she scoffed; Accico she muffled. Her compact mirror and hair brush was summoned from her room. She tried to fix her hair, however, she grew impatient and decided to let her long hair flow down her back and brush it out evenly. Chloe was ready to send a letter to her butler; give him a piece of her mind and take all the stress and frustration she had bottled up and place it on him.

After tucking in her uniform, she finally got a good look at the blue haired boy who was currently writing something down in his notebook. He was tall, maybe a foot taller than her. He had piercings, a double helix in silver on his left ear and black metal studs on each ear lobe. She assumed he must've been older than her by a few years. Definitely a 6th or 7th year.  She found him kinda cute, although, his face was a bit sour, she didn't realize he was holding out the notebook for a while and she read, "You could have gotten hurt. What were you even doing?"

She was surprised by how he responded not only he was communicating through a notebook but the way he responded with "you could have gotten hurt." He pointed at the frozen envelope with his wand and it gravitated over to him, then politely handing it over to Chloe. "I was trying to send a howler to my butler back home, he's been acting suspicious; he hasn't responded to me in what felt like weeks. So I was sending an urgent message," she huffed snatching the deflated envelope out of his hand. Luka wrote,"With a howler?" Chloe was caught by her interpretation of urgency and blushed red, "Fine I was going to fire him. Jean-Jean got himself to that point anyway."

Luka chuckled then realized she was about to fire someone. "Don't you think that's a bit harsh to fire someone with a howler? What did they do?" Luka wrote. "Do you have any idea who I am?" Chloe demanded. Luka nodded no and Chloe was surprised; "You're joking, right? I'm Chloe Bourgeois the famous and well talented student in my year. Now the question is who are you? And why do youuuuu- why are you here?" Chloe stopped from asking why he was using a notebook to communicate. She remembered Adrien lecturing her about how she treated people and that she should be mindful what she says. Luka sighed, then wrote "I'm sending a letter too, this is the committee tower." Chloe wasn't sure what to say next and decided to send a message to her butler tomorrow. She had enough interacting with students today and the vultures to top it off. This student has been nothing but nice to her; if he knew who she was and how she treated everyone at school; there's no way he would give her the time of day, Chloe thought. Feeling bad enough Chloe brushed herself off, "Anyway, thank you for helping me, I could have done it myself like I said but didn't want to break a nail. I'll be off now." Chloe was about exit but Luka waved for her attention. She stopped in her tracks to see what he wanted.

His notebook said, "Sass is my messenger bird and he loves treats; he snuffed out your package. Your butler sent me a fresh batch this morning so I can give them to you. I had no idea you were the Chloe, Jean had mentioned," Luka handed her two yellow boxes, one of chocolates and the other macaroons. Luka turned the next page of his notebook to reveal another message, "I hope you can forgive him, both Sass and Jean," Luka gave a kind smile; making Chloe blush. "Wait, did you read my letter?!" Chloe panicked, almost a yelp. She was fuming now, she was both embarrassed and angry. Luka quickly nodded his head no. She was relieved her anger quickly left just as it arrived. Luka wrote, "I sent it back with an apology letter to your butler, Sass is great at finding people by scent. Jean kindly asked for me to hand them to you safely in person." Chloe was right her butler was up to something, he was trying to interfere with her school life.

Luka was confused at why she was upset, she left without a word and didn't look back. He unfreezes all the birds in the the room; a few flew outside and others went into hiding to their spot in the tower. Luka looks out the window and sees the blonde rushing back to the school. What a strange girl he thought.