King Of New York - 08

Y/N let out a sigh of relief as she glanced at the short Brooklyn boy on the rooftop. Most of the boys cheered along side with her as the others fought the grown men.

The Brooklyn boys picked up their slingshots and began shooting pebbles and small stones at the men, their aim being tremendous. The kids continue fighting - defending themselves.

Beginning to win from the added help. Y/N ran over to the window, about to help Racetrack who was cornered. "Hey, I give up. Alright, alright. I give up." He spoke sitting down on the steps, raising his hands in surrender and winked at the girl to which she grinned. The boy then quickly kicked the man in the groin, and in return the man bent over in pain. This put Y/N in the perfect position to kick the man in the backside, causing him to stumble forward and fall. The two laughed, spit into their hands and shook them.

Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Spot Conlon sliding down a rope, kicking a guy in the back before landing. "That was definitely planned." Racetrack and Y/N say at the same time, causing them to laugh again. She turned to see Kid Blink punch a goon very hard across the face, he looked very happy doing so.

She turned again just in time to see Skittery being hit and falling back, some of the Newsies catching him. This gave the girl a sense of nervousness. "Are you alright?" David called to the groaning boy, who instead of answering was pushed back up to soak the man.

Y/N's smile almost split her face as Skittery turned around smiling, but it quickly disappeared as it appeared, "Turn-"
Fortunately, noticing his panicked state, she turned around to see Morris Delancey creeping up on her. She grabbed him by the shoulder, kneeing him where the sun don't shine, and then pulling her fist back and it meeting it with him square in the nose.

The taller boy fell, groaning in pain as blood gushed out of his nostrils. "That's what you get for harassing me, my brother and all of us Newsies, you-" before she can finish the sentence, Skittery pulled her away covering her mouth, laughing.

Spot opened the gates to let more of his boys and boys from other boroughs in and they continued the fight.

As the men and Delancey's began to run for their own good, Denton came in with a camera. Time seemed to slow down for the girl as she saw some of the boys, including her brother, group together for a photo. Feeling a hand wrap around her waist and she saw that it belongs to Skittery she smiled at him and let him pull her to the boys, time coming back to its normal state.

The idea of Snyder reading the pape and seeing the image of the two left her mind. She just wanted to live in the moment without consequences. Without the refuge. Without the workhouse. Without the pain. Without the reminder.

She glanced at David: who was jumping around in pain with his foot in his hands, causing Y/N to laugh as the camera flashed. Skittery looked at the girl, smiling at how happy she was.

Y/N saw that the clock inside the distribution centre that struck noon. "Hey Skitts, ise gotta go but I'll see ya back at the Lodging house." She informed him, running off once again before he could ask her what or why.

She held her cap on her head with one hand, loose strands of hair falling out. She saw the restaurant named 'Tibby's' and slowed down her pace. She entered the quiet room filled with tables and chairs and waiters, only a few people scattered across it as many would be at work.

A particular brown haired girl caught her attention in a corner booth. Y/N walked over to Sarah, passing the odd waiter and customer. "Hi."