High Times, Hard Times - 11

Y/N felt someone staring holes into her head so she turned to the direction and made contact with Skittery's cold glare. The look he gave her confused her. Was she wearing too much? Did she look uglier than usual? As the questions rushed through her head she drowned out the conversation Sarah and Jack were trying to have with her. Skittery stood up from his seat quickly, the chair nearly falling over, and walked out of the hall through the side door.

Y/N's eyebrows furrowed and she quickly followed him, picking the dress up slightly so it wouldn't get hooked on anything and tear. She slipped through the side door as it closed and she noticed the fire escape rattling. Assuming Skittery was climbing up it: she followed. As she reached the ladder, she saw his arms pull him up onto the roof. His muscles stretching his grey shirt as he did so, making her blush immediately.

She cautiously climbed the metal steps, the small heels clicked each time she took a step. Y/N pulled herself up onto the ledge of the roof and then hooked her leg over, hoping she didn't flash anyone below.

Skittery was pacing around the rooftop, a cigarette placed loosely in his mouth and his arms were folded across his chest. The sleeves of his brown coat were rolled up and it made Y/N feel things.

She called his name. Well, tried to but it came out in a gibberish whisper. But he had heard it and immediately stopped pacing. A cold breeze suddenly brushed over her, making her pull the sleeves of the dress tighter around her.

Skittery slowly turned to face her and shook his head. He flicked the rest of the rolled paper away from him and took two long strides towards Y/N. He looked her deeply in the eyes. It made her slightly uncomfortable. "Did I do something wrong-" she started but was quickly cut off with him putting both hands on either side of her face and cutting her off. The pads of his thumbs digging softly into her cheekbones.

His cold yet welcoming lips meeting her soft, warm ones.

She widened her eyes before fluttering them close and kissing back. Slowly. Holding him by the sides of his neck.

But as quickly as the kiss started, it ended. Skittery smiled lightly. A heavy, heavy breath escaped his lips and he looked in pain. More than what she would've assumed. He rested his forehead on hers as she rubbed her nose against his. "Y'know, ise prefer you in dirt and all."
She hummed in agreement and tried to pull him in again, longing for his lips on hers. It was like she had a taste of him and was now immediately addicted.

But nevertheless, he pulled away and walked down the fire escape.

Leaving the girl in a confused daze.

Y/N sat at a table inside the theatre. Jack, Spot and David were making a speech to all the newsies but she drowned it out. The cheering and yelling - or booing - from the crowd didn't faze her; she just sat there thinking. Had she done something wrong? Was she that bad of a kisser? Maybe he was just playing with her? Maybe it was a test? Or a dare?

She sighed loud which caught Sarah's attention who was sat on her right.

Sarah calling her name brought Y/N out of her daze and hummed to inform the girl she was paying attention. "Are you alright? You kind of seem out of it." Sarah placed a comforting hand on Y/N's shoulder. Y/N took a deep breath in response and nodded.

Y/N looked at the stage to see Spot very close to Jack and David - the latter looking uncomfortable. Then the Brooklyn boy's voice rang through the room, "I say that what you say," and a pause "is what I say."
The room erupted in cheers at the alliance and the three boys got off the stage and headed towards the table the two girls sat at.