Traitor - 13

All the boys cheered in agreement - apart from Skittery who was looking at Y/N. Her hands were pulling at the roots of her hair, yet she looked oddly calm.

Skittery moved away from the door as more boys left until all were gone. He sat down next to her and placed his hand upon her shoulder as she slowly looked up at him. Her lips were pressed into a thin line and her round eyes stared right into his warm brown ones. Without a moment to spare, or hesitation: she kissed him.

No one apart from the waiters took notice of this. Skittery's eyes grew wide but a second later closed them and deepened the kiss, placing his hand on the back of her head and the other intertwined with her fingers.

Y/N broke the kiss this time, placing her forehead on his. They were both out of breath but didn't seem to mind it as they smiled with their teeth showing clearly. Skittery pulled away and grabbed both of her hands, dragging her out of Tibby's.

Skittery dragged her through alleyways, and through Central Park. They kept running. "Where we headed?" Y/N called out to him in a laugh. He responded with one and just kept on running, she smiled at this and continued to follow.

They turned through yet another alley way and came into a clearing of green grass and the river. No one was there but them. Y/N's mouth formed a wide 'o' as she took in the place. Small flowers neatly planted around the area before a wooden deck, which led onto the river. On the far left were Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge. She turned around to see Skittery with his hands in his pockets and a wide smile on his face. "How did you find this place?" She said walking over to him with folded arms across her chest. He shrugged, "Passed by it last year selling papes."

She placed her hands on his chest, playing with the material of his shirt. She looked up at him, a blush evident on both of their faces and then he pulled her in for a kiss.

As cliché as it sounds: it was like they were made for each other.

Their lips fit perfectly together like they were puzzle pieces. One of Skittery's hands traveled down to the small of her back whilst the other held the back of her head. Fingers weaved through her hair.
Her hands were on the back of his neck, tugging at his short hair; earning a groan from him. She smiled into the kiss before she pulled away to take a breath.

"Thank you." She whispered.
"For what?" He warped his arms around her waist.
"The letters and dances," she pecked his lips, "For being there for me," kissed again.
"Well, it's the least I can do for someone I love and care."

She looked up at him. He loved her? They shared a few kisses, yes. She was aware many would get married within weeks or months of knowing each other, but was it always out of love? He said he loved her!

Somehow, still, she realised that she felt the same.
"I love you too Skittery."

They were lying in Y/N's bunk. Skittery tracing circles into her back as she read him 'Alice's Adventures In Wonderland'. As she finished the first chapter and closed the book, Skittery pulled her in and kissed her.

Kid Blink, Boots, David, Mush, Racetrack and Les had left for the refuge whilst Y/N stayed behind. Them not wanting her to be anywhere near the building that caused her so much pain. It was late in the evening but all of the boys - still left - were downstairs playing games.