Court and Sadness - 12

Y/N kept kicking and screaming, continuously trying to dig her heels into the ground but to no avail. Morris and Oscar snickered as their fingers dug into her arms, causing almost immediate bruising. All of a sudden she stopped screaming and squirming. The brothers shared a look as they dragged her into the circle of cops. Due to their moment of thought, Y/N had ripped her arms out of their grasp and socked one in the jaw and kicked the other's shin. She started running but was met with a hard body. That body being a man clad in dark blue.

Newsies came out of the building, trying to escape into the night. Y/N saw Kid Blink dragging Jack out. They both notice her and start to run to her, until a man grabbed Jack by the collar. As Y/N was about to punch the guy, Blink pulled him off and punched him and yelled at the two, "Beat it!"
He got hit with a club but Y/N didn't have time to react as her brother dragged her away and back into the building filled with yells. Jack's hand slipped away from hers and everything seemed to slow.

Jack climbed up the stairs of the theatre and came face to face with a dirty man. She felt someone's hands go around her waist. Yet did nothing but scream when Jack was punched and he was flung backwards: straight into the waiting hands of the many cops surrounding them.

She heard the voice of Skittery telling her it was going to be okay and that all will be good. But it was very muffled and tears continued to blur her eyesight. Some of the older men took notice of her and smiled greedily. Her facial expression changed from sadness to complete anger as Skittery dragged her away. He pushed her through the door of the main room and motioned with his hands for her to stay there. Until he was pulled away and taken by a bull.

The pace around her picked up once again and she ran towards Medda who was crying and a complete mess. She grabbed the woman by her hand and dragged her into the dressing room. She closed the door and locked it. Her hands were shaking, worse than they would in winter.

Y/N slowly backed away from the door. Medda was now sat on a velvet sofa in the corner of the room, eyes wide from what had just happened. The yelling from outside was beginning to quiet down as it was now an odd yell.

Y/N looked in the mirror that was on her left. The candle light flickered and showed her bruised cheeks and split lip.

Her lip quivered as her eyes filled with tears again. Her legs gave out from underneath her, but conveniently she fell onto a large cushion. She sat there and whimpered for what felt like hours until she fell asleep from exhaustion. Her only dreams were of what had happened mere moments ago. She ripped off any layers she could, leaving her in a cream shirt and white leggings as she sobbed slowly into the cushion.

Y/N woke up slowly. Her back ached and so did her eyes. She felt the tear stains on her cheeks but just rubbed at them. She slowly stood up, noticing the door of the room open and Medda being absent. Shutting the door and quickly, she climbed out of the attire; replacing it with the usual trousers: now held up by blue suspenders, and a dark shirt. The heels and tights and leggings came off too and were replaced with her brown boots and knee high grey socks.

She looked in the mirror. Quickly grabbing a bowl of what she assumed was water. She cupped her hands into the bowl and splashed her face and then began rubbing the makeup off and tear stains. The contents of the bowl was gladly water.She glanced at the clock every couple seconds, showing her it was very early in the morning.

She put her cap on, followed by a brown jacket she found hooked on a chair.

She shoved her hands into the pockets for her trousers and felt a piece of paper she knew she didn't put there. She took it out and opened the familiar paper. The letters spelling the words:
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I'm sorry that I feel these things for you. I'm sorry if I loose you.
Lots of Love,
Skittery."
Skittery. Skittery. Skittery. His name played in her head over and over again. He wrote her letters. Skittery wrote the letters.