Part one

Asa

"Fuck!!" I growled under my breath
I just hit my foot on a cart idling on the walkway, Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to leave a cart like that on a roadside?

I was so late and it wasn't even funny, I was sure I was going to miss the meeting at this rate... And it just won't do.
Even though My VP Erin was more than capable of taking care of everything, I was supposed to be there as the CEO because today's clients were from one of the most prestigious and wealthiest families in the country.
The Prestons always demanded the best treatment and my not being there to meet them in person will most definitely be seen as a slight.

I put my blood, sweat, and tears into making D'orleans the exclusive fashion house that it is today, and now everything's probably gonna be ruined just because I had to be a nice employer and tell my driver to take the day off.
Okay... I'm being over dramatic right now, but it's the nerves!

I gave Stan the building security guard a quick thank you smile as he held the door open for me, My smile widening as it as I step into the lobby of D'orleans.
This is mine, I did this.

I felt a sense of peace and satisfaction as I walked past my employees toward my office.
Everyone was busy, on the phone, with designs and paperwork...it was a beautiful sight.

"Morning" my assistant Denise chirped as she walked towards me with a file, her brown eyes smiling as she handed it to me,
"You're just in time, they just got here"
I murmured a hurried thank you, as I walked past her into the conference room, with my heart in my Ass.
It's so surreal That even after four years of doing this I still always feel extremely anxious whenever I meet up with high-profile clients.
Because despite how much work I've put in the past four years to cement myself and D'orleans as one of the top fashion names, I knew deep down that all it would take was just one misstep, and everything I've worked so hard for would come crashing down.
But I've learned to keep these thoughts to myself. After all... I am the cold and sophisticated owner of D'orleans and it's imperative to not let any weakness show, especially in an industry as cutthroat as the fashion world.

And with my cold game face on, I walked into the conference room.
Erin and two dark-haired young women whom I recognize to be the Preston sisters were already seated, obviously waiting for my arrival.
I winced inwardly while hoping they don't feel too bad about being kept waiting.

"Good morning", I said as they all turned their heads toward me...

Hi guys, I hope you enjoy this story, I'll be updating it daily(hopefully)
Enjoy!!