part two

Eva and isabella Preston are undeniably two of the most beautiful women I've ever met.
And they were nice, which was surprising considering who they were.

"I'm so...so sorry for keeping you waiting, the driver called in sick, and I had to take a cab which then broke down a few blocks over" I babbled nervously as I took my seat "it was a whole mess."
"It's alright, it happens to the best of us"
This was from Eva who was the older one of the two.
I smiled at her in gratitude.

Isabella whom I presumed to be around 19 or so, probably the same age as my siblings Sierra and Darren,
hadn't said anything except for when she responded to my greeting when I first came in.
"So what can I do for you?"I directed at Eva, hoping to speed things up.
"Well my anniversary party's in two weeks," Eva began "and we had some mishaps with the designer and our planned outfits..."
"Ok" I smiled at her encouragingly.

"An acquaintance of mine told me you could get something ready for us in time for the party, and since I've worn a couple of your pieces before,"
"Which I loved by the way" she gushed
I gave her an answering smile of gratitude because there's nothing a designer wants to hear more...
"so I thought 'why not?'" she continued.

"I still don't get why I have to be here", Isabella grumbled, finally joining in the discussion
"I'm not the one having a party, I could just get a dress from a store you know" she added with a long suffering sigh.

She didn't want to be here, poor girl
"No, I do not know" Eva replied wryly "You're my sister and a Preston, and you have to look the part"
A statement of finality which the young girl replied to with a groan of teenage despair.
"Moreover, I want some unique," Eva continued undeterred,
"And a dress from a store just won't cut it!"

"Okay" I threw in, trying to prevent what I know was a brewing sibling spat.

"Well... first of all, congratulations on your anniversary"
"Thank you"
"So what kind of dress do you want? Do you any ideas have in mind?" I asked them,
"We want you to surprise us" Eva smiled " dare I say work a little of that "D'orleans magic"?"

"Well if that's what you want, We'll make sure not to disappoint you," I said with assurance,
I was already going through a dozen design ideas in my head.
"I'll be sending the first draft of designs to you by tomorrow to get your opinions, and we'll move on from there."

After a few debates and decisions, I saw them at the door as they took their leave, and I went back to my office to get some work done.

I asked Erin to get me an iced coffee as I passed by her desk. I needed it.

Normally I would call a meeting with everyone, to see what they've got in the works and give them the chance to show their craft.
After all, every aspiring designer should be given a platform and chance to display what they were capable of doing.
And this is what I try to do in D'orleans, a way to give young creators the opportunity no one gave me when I was just a young starving designer with two young siblings to cater for.

But because of the time factor this time, I've decided to take this on myself.
I can already picture several designs in my head, and I need to put them down.
Time to get to work.