Part three

It's Thursday today and the Preston sisters' last fitting.
They should be here any minute Now.
Looking at the dresses, I felt a wave of artistic satisfaction.
I don't wanna toot my own horn, but they were true masterpieces. Even the perpetually morose isabella's face lit up when she saw her dress for the first time.
You know what?
I should be allowed to praise myself, I have enough self-critiquing moments to last me a lifetime.

In the middle of my inner self-praise section, isabella and Eva walked in.
And after the needed pleasantries, we got right down to business.

"Asa! I would marry you right now if wasn't already married!" Eva exclaimed  from across the room where she stood in front of the huge mirror staring at herself
"I love it! I love it! thank you so much." "You're welcome, I'm glad you love it so much" I teased good-naturedly.
she whipped her head towards where her sister was seated, with her phone glued to her face "Bella! you haven't said anything about your own dress" she snapped
to which Isabella only replied with an eye roll.

After the fitting and everything, I assured them the dresses would be delivered to them before the end of the day.

I decided to see them off to their car out of courtesy.
We walked out onto the sidewalk, where a car was waiting for them.

With the most beautiful man, I'd ever seen leaning on it holding a lit cigarette.
I have to admit, this was the sexiest sight I've seen in person.
I love guys who smoke, sue me!

Eva's chiding voice broke me out of the trance I was in,
"I thought you said you quit," she queried as we got to where he stood, but he only turned his head and grinned at her without saying a word. He didn't try to get rid of the cigarette either.
I can see where Isabella got the attitude from...

Rolling her eyes, Eva turned her attention to me with a huff. While isabella got into the car, once again on her phone.
She acts so much like sierra that it was funny, did I act like this at that age? I wondered.
I don't think so to be honest...
Because I remember that at that age, I was fighting to survive, fighting for me and my siblings to survive......

".....this is my younger brother Kieran, kieran this is Asa Maxwell..." Eva said dragging me out of my dark thoughts.

"Hi," I said with a smile, meeting his eyes.
He had nice eyes, grey and beautiful.
There was something about them though, that rubbed me the wrong way.
This was a dangerous man.

"Good day misses Maxwell," he said with a smirk
Please do not look at me like that...
"Good day Mr. Preston" I replied softly

I felt so out of it with his weird gaze on me, that I had to excuse myself. I bid them farewell and quickly walked towards the building where Erin was standing. she just got back from lunch it seems.

"who's that?" she asked with wide eyes as she handed me a bag from 'Rodriguez's my favorite place to eat out.
"Wait...Was that Kieran Preston?"

"The one and only," I replied as we walked into the building.

"Kieran Preston?" she muttered in awe, "The Kieran Preston was here? At D'orleans?"

I didn't even bother to give her a reply, since her question was rhetorical
"he's fucking gorgeous!!"
He was... but oh brother...
I do not want to think about that man or how gorgeous he was.
I just grunted and kept on walking.

"Those paparazzi shots do not do him justice at all, that man is so fine I could weep" she continued.
Just as she was about to go into explicit details about how gorgeous he was, someone called for her attention with something.
which I was grateful for because it gave me the escape I needed to my office.

Sitting behind my desk I grew pensive, I couldn't stop replaying my meeting with Keiran Preston in my head.
I couldn't stop thinking about him, and I didn't know why, he was so... charismatic, so sexy.
something in him called to me, he was everything I never thought I wanted in a man.

I googled him and discovered that he was 6 years younger than me.
Which threw me off because I couldn't tell looking at him.
Something about him made him seem way older.
It's his eyes I think, and the way he carried himself.

Even the discovered age difference couldn't stop me from thinking about him, but it was definitely enough to discourage me from trying to start anything with him.

The more I thought about him, I realized my cheeks were growing hot...

What the fuck was wrong with me?!