Prologue

300 years ago

"Over the course of my long life, I have come to believe we are bound to those with whom we share blood. And while we may not choose our family, that bond can be our greatest strength or our deepest regret. This unfortunate truth has haunted me for as long as I can recall."

As the random ship came sailing into view, two men wonder what to make of it.
"No banner, no flag. Floated in out of nowhere. A miracle ship" one of the men said.

"Why is it just sitting out there?" the other wondered.

"Suppose we ought to find out."

----------

The two men enter the ship, below deck. They walk down the ladder with lanterns in the hands for light as the sound of water dripping was heard from the corner of the ship. More men followed behind them.

"Where the hell is everyone?" One asked.

The ship was deserted, bare the three coffins in the centre of the back wall. The other men walked off wondering across the ship, leaving the first two men on their own.

"What do you make of that?" He asked while pointing at them, "open them."

They hesitantly opened two of them, revealing the twins daggered. Kai and Kol laid there grey skinned with their darker than usual veins prominently sticking out.

"What the hell?!" the first man exclaimed.

Suddenly the door swung open and men started to disappear into the darkness, unclear of who was taking them. the sound of wooshing heard all around them. Only one of the men are left, holding out a lantern to try and see who was taking his men.

A feminine hello is heard from behind him, turning around to face a pretty blonde woman. A little bit of blood is resting on the corner of her mouth, veins underneath her eyes started to slowly disappear as she wiped of the blood with a handkerchief.

"Lovely to see such a handsome face after such a long journey. Can I eat him, Brother?" She asked someone behind him.

"I'd rather you didn't." a voice comes from within the darkness. Soon out of a dark corner, a brown haired male with a slight smile on his lips appeared. Walking directly in front of the last man standing, he looks into his eyes while saying "There's no need to be afraid. And do exactly as I say. You will remember nothing."

"I will remember nothing" he mumbles.

The brown haired male continued, "We've had a very long journey, wherein which, unfortunately, we lost all our crew. Therefore, I will ask you kindly to transport our belongings to the shore."

"what kind of hell demons are you?" The human asked, more like demanded.

The blonde women answered, "We're Vampires, Darling. The Original vampires: Rebekah, Elijah," pointing towards the coffins, "our brother Finn and the twins, Kol and Kai; may the rest in peace."

"Are we saving the best for last?" another voice asked.

"And our half-brother, Niklaus. Ignore him; he's a beast." She said, while Niklaus appears at the top of the stairs vamped out with blood all over in chin laughing slightly at Rebekah's comment, pushing the body to the ground which landed with a loud thud.

"We fled Europe and survived the seas. Would you rather I arrive hungry on the shores of our new homeland?" He asked his siblings.

"Niklaus, your manners are, as always, without equal. Sir, would you be so good as to tell us where it is that we have landed?" Elijah asked directing the attention to the human.

"The French colony of Louisiana, off the shores of a town they have named New Orleans." The man answered, still confused about what was going on.

"Thank you so much." Elijah said, turning to leave before remembering something and turned back around to say, "Oh, I do recommend that you find yourself further assistance for the luggage. My sincere apologies."

The siblings all leave to the top deck while the human held his lantern up to see all his men lying dead on the ground. Some against the wall, all covered in their own blood. The walls dripped with blood. All of them looking as if they has been ripped apart.

 All of them looking as if they has been ripped apart

[712 words]