"I promise you, Hayley."

Chapter three:

Kai was sat to the side of the burial vault, with Hayley cuddled up into his side. This would normally be a odd action for Kai but it seemed to come naturally to be like this with Hayley.

Towards the entrance, Sophie and two other witches was talking, Kai sat silently listening in on what they were saying.

"Marcel and his vampires are out of control. Something had to be done." Sophie tried to explain to the last living elder of the coven.

"And the solution was to bring in more vampires?" The elder retorted back with a scowl on her face.

"These aren't just vampires, Agnes. They're the Originals." Sophie still trying to get Agnes on her side, even though Kai would kill Agnes the second she tried to do anything to harm Hayley and the baby.

"What makes you think you can control the Hybrid?" Agnes asks, Kai rolled his eyes at the question. No one can control Klaus, what makes them think they can?

Elijah appears leaning on the wall, having heard the conversation himself. "She can't. I'm not entirely certain that I can, either. But now that your coven has drawn his ire. I have a question: What prevents my brother from murdering you all instead of cooperating?"

Sophie pulls out a needle and pricks her finger with it, as they had learned early whatever happens to her, happens to Hayley. A needle prick also appears on Hayley's hand.

"The spell my sister performed, the one that got her killed? It didn't just confirm the pregnancy. It linked me to Hayley. So anything that happens to me, happens to her, which means her life is in my hands. Klaus may not care about his own child, but it's very clear what it already means to you two. If I have to hurt Hayley - or worse - to ensure that I have your attention I will." Sophie threatens the two originals in the tomb.

Kai chuckled darkly, amusement dancing in his eyes. "You would dare threaten an originals?"

"I have nothing to lose," Sophie replies making the smile on Kai's face disappear, "You have till Midnight to get Klaus to change his mind."

----------

"I promise you, Hayley, that I'll do whatever it takes to protect you and that little baby inside of you." Kai promises Hayley, reassuring her that nothing is going to happen to her as long as he's around.

Hayley looked up at him, smiling slightly, hugging him tightly. "I know Kai. You know, you was a lot more reckless last time we meet." She chuckled lightly.

"I am going to take that as a compliment so thank you." He replied with a smirk resting on his face. His dark brown eyes staring into hers intensely.

The sound of witches walking back into the tomb was heard to their left.

"His time is up. What're you gonna do now, Sophie?" Agnes asks. Kai removed just glaze from Hayley to glare at the witches at the entrance.

"I'm gonna do what I said I was gonna do." Sophie stated.

"What you going to slice your own throat now, Sophie?" Kai sarcastically said to her, "You will not do anything as long as I'm sitting here."

Sabine decides to intervene, ignoring Kai, "What, kill the girl? Kill yourself?"

"Klaus does not care about the child." Agnes states, receiving a icy cold glare from the only original in the tomb.

"I do." Kai states, standing up taking a threatening step forwards.

"And I bring proof of my intent to help you: the body of your fallen friend, which I procured from Marcel himself," Elijah stated while walking in with the body of Jane-Anne covered with a white cloth.

"Jane-Anne." Sophie whisper, a slight crack in her voice.

Elijah places the body on the ground, "May she be granted peace. Klaus will agree to your terms. I just need a little more time."

"You had your time. It's passed." Agnes said not willing to be lenient towards an original.

"Shut up Agnes" Sabine rather harshly said.

"For now, accept the deal. The girl and child go unharmed, or Klaus will kill you all." He threatens turning to walk away once again.

Kai decides to pipe in at that moment, "And we will help." Elijah stopped for a moment, nodding his head in agreement before continuing.

---------

"The bond of family blesses us with an immeasurable power. But we also must accept what comes with it. It gives us a responsibility to love without condition, without apology. We can never waver from the power of the bond, even if it's tested. The bond, even if it's tested. The bond nourishes us, gives us strength. Without that power, we are nothing."

----------

Hearing Elijah and Hayley talking from the other room, Kai appears at the same time as Klaus on the other side of the room.

"And noble Elijah always keeps his word." Klaus stated sarcastically, clearly amused by Elijah's 'I'll protect you' speech.

"Is it done?" Elijah asks, talking about the 'apology' towards Marcel. Kai was amused that Klaus took an order from Elijah for once.

"As a matter of fact, yes." He replies, "Your underhanded deal worked quite well. Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man, Thierry, yet lives and I remained a welcome guest in the French Quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches."

"I believe them to be honourable. They did release Hayley to us. Although, they haven't been entirely forthcoming. Marcel obviously has something they need. They don't want him dead. There must be a reason why." Elijah states, and even though Kai wants to kill every single one of them he can't help but agree, witches had always been his favourite supernatural to have by his side.

"Well then, let's hope we don't have to murder any of them. I don't want to break my record of never killing one." Kai thought out loud, earning a slight chuckle from Klaus as he finds it amusing he's never killed one.

" Kai thought out loud, earning a slight chuckle from Klaus as he finds it amusing he's never killed one

[1018 words]