"I was buying poison..."

Chapter five:

Kai was walking around the Quarter taking in everything, much had change about New Orleans but the atmosphere around the place was the same as he could remember. He remember all the nights him and Kol went killing, drinking all night in bars. He remember his lover, a witch, one of the most powerful witches in New Orleans. How he swore to protect all her ancestors and so far has done so. Kai was a man that stuck to his word, he very rarely breaks it and this was one he wouldn't.

Whispers could be heard from behind him in the alleyway. Listening closely, He could hear them talking about a wolf being in the quarter.

After hearing this Kai sped off in the direction he last saw the pregnant she-wolf as he was suppose to be watching over her. A roar of pain could be heard from his left, coming up behind the other two vampire, shoving his hands into their chest and ripping their hearts out. Rebekah, who had also heard, came up behind Hayley.

"Now, that is no way to treat a pregnant lady. I do hate bad manners." She said to the dead vampires around them. Kai laughed and dropped the heart on the ground. Hayley gaped at them, still in shock.

"I'm so getting yelled at for leaving you now." Kai states, pointing over at Hayley.

----------

Kai, Hayley and his two siblings all stood outside, watching Klaus throw the bodies of the vampires onto a small pile in the front courtyard while yelling at the three.

"This is why I told you never to leave the house. Werewolves are banned in the Quarter. I had a plan, and your little night time stroll put it all in peril!" Klaus yelled at Hayley.

One of the bodies on the pile started moving, so Rebekah and Kai both stepped forwards to kill him, but stopped at Klaus's command.

"Leave him!" Klaus commanded, "You two have done enough, don't you think? Leaving a trail of bodies like a road map to my door?"

"If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolves heads, everyone here would be screwed!" Kai exclaimed, glaring towards his older brother, slightly pissed Klaus was blaming all them.

Klaus opened his mouth to mostly likely say a snarky response but Rebekah cut in, "And don't give us that crap about having a plan. You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing! Elijah made a deal to protect your child, so that it could save you from your selfish, rotten self. But you obviously don't give a damn about your child or Elijah, because what have you done to honour it?"

"I have done everything. Let me spell it out for you, shall I?" Klaus replied, going onto explain his 'master' plan. How Marcel hadn't trusted him since he arrived, which Kai was not surprised about, how he created a day zero and compelled the new recruit before he had even a dropped of vervain. That he'd got Marcel a date as he said 'a real way to get a man is through his heart'."

Klaus grabbed the vampire that was still alive and dragged him towards the front door, "And this one - I'm gonna drain him of vervain, compel him to believe his mates found religion and moved to Utah, so that he can explain to Marcel why he lost three more vampires tonight."

Rebekah and Hayley followed closely behind Klaus, while Kai took his sweet ass time already bored of this never ending conversation.