Stick Together [n+c]

had this idea for like a week and finally wrote it lol. turned kinda into a vent by the end of it. hope you enjoy :)

main focus: cooper and noah

tw: panic attacks and suicidal thoughts 

_________________

"Noah, there's a party on East Main tonight."

Noah looked up from his cereal, his face painted with sleep. He blinked slowly, "Yeah, I heard you guys talking about it last night."

Cooper's stomach twisted. He wanted to tell Noah that they were just talking, planning on telling him, they weren't trying to keep him out. He wasn't an after thought. But he worried that addressing it would just make it worse.

"Oh... so you know we were planning on going?" Noah nodded, taking a bite of his cereal, "Are you gonna come?"

Noah stopped, his body going rigid before looking up and slowly shaking his head, "I wasn't planning on it... I was thinking about getting some things done..."

Cooper wasn't surprised at Noah's answer, it was what he was expecting. It wasn't a secret to anyone in the house that Noah had been distancing himself from practically everything. Not going out as much, eating in his room and not with the others. Whenever they did try and get him involved, he would brush them off, say he had too much to work on, that he would make it next time. "Next time" never came, and their worry just only grew.

"Noah come on, you gotta get out of the house."

"Cooper-"

"Seriously, dude when was the last time you did something that wasn't work?" Noah didn't say anything, just moved his eyes away from Cooper to his cereal bowl, "Just... Look, everyone will be there, it's not just gonna be a bunch of strangers. We'll stick together, okay?"

The two of them fell into a silence. Noah still just staring at his cereal but not eating. Cooper just rubbed the back of his neck as he thought about the fact that it was too early to be doing this. Finally, Noah looked up, eyes full of guilt that made Cooper feel like he was going to have to argue more.

"I'll go."

Cooper gave Noah a small, but genuine smile, "Thanks Noah."

___________________

It was hours later that the household left. Cooper ended up driving them there, almost pulling over to kick his roommates out of his car. Carson was badly giving him directions, waiting until the last second to shout a "Turn here!". Travis was complaining that they could have taken an Uber, that he had almost 'leveled up'. And Noah was just holding back his laughter at Cooper's growing rage. The only twenty minute car ride, felt so much longer and Cooper couldn't have been happier when they finally arrived.

Everyone piled out of the car, and Cooper was imminently met with the sight of one of the nicest houses he had ever seen and someone throwing up in the flower bed. But besides that one person, many were passed out on the front lawn, classic party scene if Cooper was gonna be honest.

Cooper pocketed his keys, making a mental note to try and not end up like the people on the lawn. Carson started towards the house, being quickly followed by Travis and shortly afterword Noah and Cooper. The front doors were swung open, making it so they could just walk inside.

When inside, they were met with loud music, drunken yelling and people laughing. Cooper's eyes quickly blinked, his eyes trying to adjust to the ever changing lighting. Carson had pulled his phone out, before turning to the rest of them.