Bleeding on Your Porch [c•n]

this is for the amazing -faithers-!! her stuff is superb and i love reading it! i had a bit of difficulty writing this, only because i had to restrain myself from making it just "sad". in the end, i think it's pretty good and i hope you like it :)

main focus: charlie and noah

tw: mentions of blood and stabbing

________________

Charlie had never been good at directions. Always forgetting if it was a "turn left here then right" or the other way around, if the street was Main or Maine. Half the time he could barely get back to his own apartment without looking at Maps. And tonight wasn't too different.

He was stumbling around the city, cursing at himself for forgetting his phone at him. Trying to ignore the throbbing pain in his side that seemed to be growing with each second. He wasn't too sure what had happened, everything had been a blur. But, from what he could process he was about seventy percent sure he got stabbed. The blood pouring down his side was pretty solid evidence in his opinion.

Each step he took sent pain through his body, and black dots swam in his vision. He looked around at his surroundings, scowling when he realized he wasn't in his neighborhood, or anywhere near where he lived. Confusion racked his mind as he kept walking, and up to a familiar looking door. He leaned up against it, weakly hitting it with his fist.

He let out a shuddered breath, trying to keep himself from blacking out. He kept knocking on the door, wondering if it was pointless. His head was pounding, stomach twisting, knees shaking as he tried to keep himself up.

Suddenly he was falling forward, and he couldn't bring himself to try and stop it. Before he hit the ground, arms were lifting him up and helping him stay on his feet.

"Charlie?!" He looked up at the face that was saying his name, smile growing as he saw who it was.

Noah stood over him, his own face painted with worry and sleep. Charlie didn't answer, just staring up at the beautiful man in front of him. If he had been just a little bit more far gone he would have assumed he had died right there and Heaven had sent an angel to him.

"Hi honey... Sorry if I got blood anywhere, but I think I got stabbed."

Noah stared at him for a second before Charlie was being dragged into his home and towards the bathroom. Noah shut the door behind them, lifting Charlie up and onto the counter. Charlie leaned back against the wall, watching with blurry eyes as Noah went around the room. He came back to Charlie, touching his cheek gently as he searched his face.

"Lift your shirt up."

Normally, that kind of comment would get some sort of joke out of Charlie, but he wasn't exactly in the joking mood. So he kept quiet as he lifted the side of his shirt up, allowing Noah to examine it.

"It's not that bad... I think it'll be okay if I just clean it and wrap it up," Noah pulled away, grabbing a bottle of peroxide and pouring some out on a washrag. He looked up at Charlie, placing a gentle kiss to his nose, "This will sting a bit, I'm sorry."

He gently touched the rag to Charlie's side, causing him to hiss. His hand shot out to Noah's shirt, gripping it tightly as he put his head on his shoulder. His side was now burning, mind wanting to scream at Noah to stop. But he bit his tongue and held it in. After a few seconds, Noah pulled his hand away, and the burning sensation slowly left.

Charlie let out a sigh as Noah put a bandage on the cut, giving his stomach a small kiss. Charlie giggled, wincing as pain shot through his body. Noah looked at him sympathetically, brushing the hair out of his eyes again.

Charlie looked back at him, eyes full of love for the other man. His eyes traced every part of Noah's face, finding new things that he just loved so much. Like the lone freckle by his eyebrow, how his eyes seemed to just shine when he laughed, or how his cheeks always had a slight blush to them. Slowly, he reached out, taking his face in his hands.

"You're so pretty Noah..."

Noah let out an airy laugh, shaking his head ever so slightly, "Come on Charlie, let's get you to bed."

"But I don't want to go to bed, I just want to keep looking at you," He rubbed a thumb against his cheek as he put his forehead against Noah's, "You're literally the best thing to ever happen to me. Everyday I get to see you and I'm reminded that I'm the luckiest man in the world. If I were to die-"

"Charlie!" Noah's voice was panicked, making Charlie fill with guilt.

"If! If, if that happened," Charlie planted a kiss to the side of Noah's mouth, "I would want you to be the last thing I see..."

Noah's eyes closed, arms slowly wrapping around Charlie, "That's not gonna happen for a long time."

"Yeah? You're gonna beat the shit outta death for me?"

"If it means keeping you with me? Without a second thought."

Charlie laughed, "I love you so much."

Noah smiled, bringing Charlie even closer as he gave his forehead a kiss, "I love you too. Come on, let's go to bed."

Charlie let out a whine as Noah picked him up, being careful not to put pressure on his side. The house was quiet, not surprising considering how late it was. Noah opened the door to the bedroom, helping Charlie sit on the bed. Noah went over to his dresser, pulling out a shirt and a pair of sweatpants.

"Here, change into these. I'll be back in a second."

Charlie nodded, taking the clothing from his boyfriend. Noah looked at him one last time before heading out of the room. Charlie pulled his shirt over his head, flinching when his side burned. He let out a shaky breath as he removed the rest of his clothes, tossing them into the hamper. Once he had changed, he removed his glasses before crawling under the cold covers of the bed.

As soon as his head hit the pillow, sleep started to rush to him. His body was so exhausted, and he couldn't even open his eyes again if he tried. He heard the door open and close as Noah came back. Noah went to the other side of the bed, laying down by Charlie. An arm snaked around Charlie's waist, and Charlie slowly took his hand his own.

"Goodnight Charlie," Noah pulled him closer to his chest, making Charlie's chest fill with love, "I love you."

Charlie smiled, mind filled with content and love for the man who had his arms around him, as he slowly drifted off to sleep.