Hey There [w•s]

look,,, i dont have much of a reason for writing this. i just really think this song really fits with them and i haven't seen anyone write anything with them and this?? so this is my gift for the day

main focus: wilbur and schlatt

tw: none

__________________

The city was alive, buzzing with life. Bright lights lit up the starless sky. Cars raced down the street, some not bothering to stop, their horns honking loudly. The world was alive, spinning with the rest of the world. Schlatt wasn't part of that.

He was in his own world, miles away from the city despite it being outside his window. His world wasn't brightly light, nor was it spinning. It was moving, but it was slow, going at a different pace. It was the middle of a merry-go-round, the only place where you wouldn't get dizzy.

Schlatt was on his back, looking up at his ceiling, half wondering if he should move to his bed. A voice squeaked in his head, reminding him that the floor was terrible for his back. He didn't move though, fully ignoring his own thoughts. It wasn't late, barely past eight, but despite that, Schlatt was tired. He knew he could go to his kitchen, and pound some cups of coffee. But the thought of getting up off of his cold floor was the last thing he wanted to do. But it was probably something he should do.

Schlatt lifted himself up, groaning as his back popped. He leaned up against his wall, picking up his phone which was a few feet away. He unlocked it, figuring he would check his socials before either getting coffee or going to bed. Nothing seemed too important, and he almost put it down before something made him hesitate.

Wilbur had posted a video.

Normally he would roll his eyes and just ignore it. He hadn't watched any content that Wilbur had created in months, actively avoiding it. He would always remind himself that he should unfollow him, but would always 'forget' to do it or talk himself out of it somehow. And he hated himself for it. The video was for his music channel, something that Schlatt had never bothered watching even when they talked. But there was something about this one that made his heart ache and his throat close up.

Wilbur was hunched over his guitar, eyes hidden by unkempt curls. He had that goddamn yellow sweater on, slightly slipping off his shoulder. It was an outfit that Schlatt had seen many times before, one that he had once told Wilbur was his favorite. Schlatt's thumb hovered over the video, swallowing as he clicked on it.

The video started playing, with Wilbur in nearly the exact pose as he was in the thumb nail. Schlatt watched as he took a shaky breath before he started to pluck at his guitar strings. Schlatt knew the song before Wilbur was even singing. It was an odd choice, Schlatt knew that his normal covers were of indie songs that Wilbur used to show him late at night. No, this wasn't one of those. Instead this was a song he had shown him. But maybe Wilbur just wanted to switch it up.

Wilbur kept his head down, eyes looking down at his hands as he played. Something Schlatt knew he never did, telling him once "It's cheating to look at your hands." He didn't dwell on the thought, as Wilbur let out one more breath before words were pouring out of his mouth.

"Hey there, my love

What's it like in New York city?

I'm a thousand miles away

But, boy, tonight you look so pretty

Yes, you do

Times Square can't shine as bright as you

I swear, it's true"