The Simple Things [ c ]

this is the shortest thing i've published. but i really like it, and it being so short and sweet just kinda makes me like it more.

i just honestly really like how this turned out.

main focus: cooper

tw: none

_______________

The ocean was all Cooper could hear. He sat on the ground, his skateboard laying next to him as he looked out at the horizon. The sun was setting, casting golden rays across the ocean as well as the beach where Cooper was sitting. He smiled softly, letting out a breath he didn't know he had been holding.

These moments were always something he treasured. They were simple, but sometimes that's all he wanted. It had been a good week, nothing too crazy happened at the house, streaming went well and he even got quite a bit of editing done for the main channel. And sure it had been stressful, but it had been manageable. And right now watching the sunset, was the best way Cooper could imagine the week ending.

A cold ocean breeze blew through his hair, causing him to close his eyes. He wondered what the rest of the guys were doing. When he had left Travis and Carson had been streaming, and he figured that was probably still the case. With maybe Travis ending his stream for the night. Noah was probably figuring out dinner, or maybe he was just taking it easy. Cooper made a mental note to take them to the beach sometime this week. It would be good for them all.

He opened his eyes, the sky now a beautiful mix of reds and purples. He took a deep breath, the salt air filling his lungs as he stood up. He brushed the sand off his pants, chuckling to himself as he imagined Carson telling him that "Wearing pants on the beach is an abomination."

He picked up his skateboard, dusting it off as well. He started to leave the beach, wondering if he had time to skate around some more. His feet hit the sidewalk, about to set his board down before his phone went off. He stopped walking, making sure he wasn't in the middle of the walkway in case anyone needed to pass him. 

travis:

hey!! 

dinner is ready

noah and i made tacos :)

Cooper smiled wide, knowing he probably looked like an idiot to people passing him by. But he didn't care. He quickly typed back a reply.

cooper:

sounds good

be back in ten

travis:

sounds good!! see you then!!

:D

Cooper smiled as he put his phone back in his back pocket. He hoped on his board and started home. And it didn't matter that hadn't been able to skate longer. No, none of that mattered once he got home and dinner was ready to be eaten. It didn't matter, because he was able to eat dinner with friends, telling each other about their day and making dumb jokes that made each other laugh. Sure, it was simple, and maybe even a little dumb.

But sometimes that's all Cooper needed.