ᴠɪ | why does it have to breathe fire? ﹙ᴀᴘᴏʟʟᴏ﹚

(apollo x demigod!reader y’all! you’re a daughter of aphrodite in this, by the way.)

“Quick! I’ll take it!” you yelled at your half-sister Nur, shielding yourself to protect her from the Chimaera that’s been attacking you.

“I’m alright,” Nur said, her celestial bronze blade drawn in her hand.

“Forget me! Save yourself. Go to camp as quickly as you can. I’ll hold this while you call for help,” you said.

“I’m not leaving you!” she protested.

“GO!” you yelled, putting charmspeak in your words. You feel bad for charmspeaking your own sister, but you’ll feel worse if something happens to her.

Nur hesitantly leaped on her pegasus to call for reinforcement from Camp Half-Blood. As much as she wanted to help you, she knows that you wouldn’t let her. Children of Aphrodite has never been fighters. You are one of the few Aphrodite campers that knows how to weild a weapon. You’re excellent at it actually.

The Aphrodite Cabin have a bad reputation. You’re often laughed at just because your mother is the goddess of love. People consider you the “worthless” cabin. They think flirting and makeup is the only things you’re good at, but you are so much more than that. Most of your siblings don’t mind, but you certainly do. All their insults about your cabin only fueled the fire inside of you, filling you with determination to prove them wrong. After years of training, you became one of the best swordsman at Camp Half-Blood. You worked very hard to earn that title.

That’s why you volunteered in this quest to rescue three demigods on the run. You thought if you win this quest everyone will stop insulting your cabin. But you never thought that the moment you sent the rescued demigods to camp, a freakin’ Chimaera will attack you.

You watched Nur fly away and disappeared into the night sky before facing the monster.

“You’re gonna die,” you said, putting a huge amount of charmspeak in your voice.

Despite your charmspeak, the Chimaera seemed to disagree with you. It snarled at lunged at your direction, luckily you were fast and sidestepped quickly. But the Chimaera managed to slash you with its claw on your thigh.

You fell and groaned, hugging your injured thigh. Your wound hurts at the slight movements, and you doubt you can even stand.

You felt the monster inching slowly towards you. If you weren’t quick enough, you might’ve gotten barbecued with its fiery breath.

You grabbed your sword from the ground and limped up to meet the monster.

You knew you can’t stand against the Chimaera. It’s one of the horrible monsters they teach you at camp. With its body and head of a lion, with another head of a goat on the back and a tail that ends with a head of a snake, you knew you didn’t have a chance. If the gods were to create a goat-lion hybrid, why does it have to breathe fire?

The creature didn’t need to speak for you to understand that you’re doomed. If you’re gonna die, atleast you’ll die fighting. With your last final breath, you will prove that children of Aphrodite can fight.

With a guttural scream, you lunged at the monster, colliding with the white-hot flame from the monster’s snout.

* * *

You woke up in a blinding white light. The brightness stung your eyes, leaving you confused on where you are and what you’re doing there.

Suddenly, you had a recollection of what happpened before you passed out. . . .