ᴠɪɪ | lost in the woods ﹙ᴇʀᴏs﹚

(GangstrrSaMoYEde_679 requested that i should make an eros one-shot so here it is!)

“So, you’re saying that, we’re lost, and we’re not even ten minutes in,” Eros said sarcastically.

For your seventh month anniversary, you took your boyfriend Eros hiking. This place has a significant value for you because this is where you run around and play as a kid. The only thing that doesn’t make sense is that—you’ve been here thousands of times already, and for the first time, you got lost.

“Oh, shut up. You’re exaggerating,” you grumbled, glaring at him.

“I’m not! We’re literally lost!” he said, spreading his arms.

“Just—let me—”

“Oh c’mon. I am tired, and hungry,” Eros whined.

“Just wait a little. I know the way. I think—it changed,” you said, puzzled.

“Hurry up figuring it out, miss.”

“Can’t you see, I’m trying? Just shut up for a second, okay?” you spat as you kick rocks and twigs on your way.

You marched down the path, Eros trudging behind you. “I don’t get it. I knew these woods since I was a kid. We can’t get possibly lost in here,” you muttered frustratedly.

“I told you, we shouldn’t have hiked. There was this new restaurant—”

You stomped your foot and faced him. If he haven’t noticed that you were upset, and all his complains are not helping at all, he does now.

You glared at him for a good moment until—you didn’t know if it was because you had your eyes open for too long or you were so frustrated—tears stung your eyes.

“Hey, baby, I’m sorry,” he cooed, cupping your face and wiping tears off with his thumbs.

You turned, breaking away from his hands. “It’s just that—I wanted to show you a part of my childhood. I wanted you to see what comforts me when I was a kid. I wanted to show you a part of my life.”

“Yeah, I know. I’m really sorry.”

He pulled you in and wrapped you in his embrace. His right hand is in your back, tracing your spine, while his other hand is on your head, pressing your face against his chest. You closed your eyes and inhaled his scent, sweet yet boyish—the same perfume he wore on your first date. You calmed down a little.

You pulled away and Eros gave you a smile—a mixture of an apologetic and genuine one. You gave him a faint smile in return.

He quickly pecked your lips. “Let’s figure this forest out, shall we?”

You were hoping to get more kiss, but you nodded.

The two of you resumed walking. You didn’t even get to do the iconic holding-hands-while-wandering-around because of how tired and exhausted you both were. You lead the way, looking for a familiar landmark, while Eros followed.

You didn’t know where you were going, but your feet seemed to lead you there. Everywhere you turn is the same, labyrinth of trees and fiery orange leaves on the ground.

You spot the huge mango tree you and your friends used to climb, and you rushed to it, your eyes screaming with delight.

“Hey, Eros, look!” you beamed, your exhaustion suddenly gone. “This is the place me and my friends used to hang out at!”

You made an attempt to climb it, but the tree was bigger than it was before. The trunk can fit thrice your body and the lowest branch was above your head.