Chapter 2

Marcus

She was beautiful. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Out of all my thirty years on this earth, I have never felt so attracted to any woman that I do Ashton Brown. Throughout the whole meeting, I felt myself staring at her beauty. It was like I was in a trance.

What is wrong with me? I have a fiancé. I love Shayla. I would not have committed to her if I didn't.

And yet, I'm stuck on Ashton. I can't get her out of my mind and it has been hours since I have last seen her. I can't focus on my business. I can't even concentrate on what my twin brother Micah is talking about.

"Yo, Marcus!" Micah shouted, snapping me out of my daydream of Ashton.

"My bad bro. Just got a lot on my mind. You know with the engagement party and wedding." I replied.

"Ok. But we got a business we need to focus on. The club is not gonna run itself you know." Micah stated.

"You right. Ok. So it's opening night. Is everything ready? Are all of the staff up to date on what's going on tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah. If you was listening, you would have heard all of that." My brother said shaking his head. "Get your head in the game. This is a big night. We about to have mad people up in here. I need you focused."

"Ok. Ok. You got it. I'm gonna be on point."

"Aight. I'm gonna hold you to it. If I catch you slacking I'm gonna snap."

"Ok bro! Damn. I got this." I explained. I got up and walked out of his office and headed towards mine across the hall. One more hour and our club "Spade" was gonna be open for business. This was our fifth club that my brother and I were opening up. I knew it was going to be a hit. All of our clubs were well known. Everybody wanted to party at them. And they raked in a lot of revenue.

I sat at my desk and went over the paperwork that sat on it. I looked over invoices and payroll and got lost in the work. This was what I loved to do. I was a more behind the scenes type of guy but I always ended up front in center. Micah always pushed me to be more in the spotlight because he wanted to take some light off of him. So I dove in a worked until I heard the music bumping.

I turned in my chair to look out over the club. It was set up nice. A bar lined the far wall and it hosted all kinds of liquor. We had a lot of variety. In the center of the club was the DJ booth. The dance floor surrounded it. The VIP section was across from the bar. It held plush seating and it's own personal bar. It was split up into five sections. And then there was the second floor balconies. We had five of them as well. They overlooked the entire club but the partygoers on the first floor couldn't see into the balconies. But the weren't ready yet anyway so nobody would be up there tonight.

I sat in my office and watched as people came in and started to party. I saw the smiles and laughter. I took that as a good sign. This club would be a success. Then I spotted her. Ashton. She was beautiful. She wore a black mini dress that hugged every curve. Her wild curly hair was put up into a messy bun with a few stray curls framing her face. She wore these thigh high fuck me boots.

I wanted to run down there and grab her up. I wanted to bend her over in front of everyone and claim what belonged to me. But she didn't belong to me. And she couldn't be mine. I loved and respected Shayla way too much to do anything to jeopardize our relationship. So I'm just going to watch her. She moved like a dancer. She captured every male she passed attention. I was hypnotized by the sway of her hips. And that ass had me sweating. I watched her and her friend dance the night away.

I couldn't take it anymore. I got up and made my way down to the first level. I spied her through the crowd. She was dancing with her eyes closed.

Suddenly some guy walked up on her and started to grope her. I saw red. He was in my club touching what was mine. She spun around and cursed him out. I made my way towards her and wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her to me. She gasped and whipped her head towards me.

"Well, hello Ms. Ashton. I wasn't expecting you to be at my club tonight." I said into her ear. She shivered and turned to me stepping out of my grasp.

"Your club? I didn't know." She replied. She smiled at me.

"Are you okay over here?" I asked turning to look at the scumbag who was groping her.

"I'm good. I was just telling this guy I was leaving." She said with a roll of her eyes.

"You heard that. She's leaving so walk away bro." I commanded the groper. He threw his hands up and walked away quickly. I turned to her. "You really can't be leaving so soon. I have to give you the tour of my place."

"A tour?"

"Yes. I would like to show you around. Maybe we can have the engagement party here." As soon as I said the words, I instantly regretted it. Her face dropped. And I knew she was thinking about Shayla.

"No thank you. I just came to have and couple of drinks and then I was gonna head home." She explained. I looked her up and down while licking my lips.

"Well let me give you a drink. I have the good stuff upstairs. Come on." I grabbed her hand and lead her upstairs to one of the balconies, not giving her a chance to refuse. Once inside I closed the door and locked the door behind us. Turning towards her, I studied her. She was nervous and I could understand why. I'm an intimidating guy, but I could be gentle when I needed to. She would soon find out.