Chapter 10

Marcus

After a night of filling Ashton with my love, I had to leave her. I didn't want to go but I had to handle this thing with Shayla. She was blowing my phone up all night. I couldn't bring myself to answer her. I was where I wanted to be. I have mad love for Shayla but she ain't the one for me. Ashton was creeping her way into my soul.

As I made my way into my apartment, I heard the angry footsteps of Shayla. She was marching at me with so much anger in her eyes. I felt guilty.

"Where the fuck were you?!" Shayla screamed at me. She stood in front of me wearing a black silk robe that draped her body effortlessly. She crossed her arms over her chest, tapping her small foot on the marble floors.

"Chill out. I was with Micah last night." I replied, running a hand down my face. I tried to walk around her but she blocked my path.

"Don't give me that bullshit Marcus. I know you weren't with him. After blowing you up for a couple of hours, I called Micah. And you know what he told me? You weren't with him! So again where the fuck were you?"

Damn. Micah fucking blew it. I know it's not his fault but he blew it.  Now I got to think of an excuse.

"Relax, Shay. You're tripping. I was at the club going over paperwork. I lost track of time and fell asleep there. I'm sorry."

This was the lamest reason I could come up with. But I had to say something. She couldn't know what I was really out here doing.

"Marcus, you really think I'm just gonna believe that?" She questioned me, with a skeptical look of her face.

"Well that's what happened. So take it or leave it." I was getting annoyed now. She needed to chill the fuck out. Shay was hitting on my nerves.

I started walking towards my bedroom. I noticed it was eerily quiet. I looked back and saw Shay standing in the same space with tears running down her pretty face.

"Shay..." I sighed.

She wiped her tears. "Marcus I don't know what's been going on with you. But I'm not liking this new person you are becoming before my eyes. I wanted this to be the happiest time in our lives. The wedding. The baby. Moving in—"

"Wait, What?!" Shocked. I was fucking shocked. I stared at her. She slowly smiled.

"I was gonna surprise you. Baby, I'm pregnant! I just found out last week."

"How? I thought you were on birth control." I ran my face down my face. This couldn't be fucking happening. Just when I was gonna break thing off with Shayla, she wants to get pregnant. What the fuck? I mean I'm gonna take care of her and my potential child. This is fucking everything up.

"Baby, I stopped taking birth control. We been together this long why not have a baby?"

"Why didn't you tell me? I wasn't tryna have a baby just yet. Why would you make this decision without fucking telling me?" She was tripping. Moving real sneaky. I was not fucking with this.

"I thought you would be happy. I thought we could start building our family. This is supposed to be a good thing. To bring us closer together." She explained, frowning.

"But that's not a fucking decision that you should have taken upon yourself. That was something we should have fucking talked about! I mean of course I'm gonna be there every step of the way but how you moving got me looking at you funny. We not even married yet. A baby wasn't apart of the plan yet." I turned, walking away from her. I heard her walking behind me. She really thought this was cool. She fucking up the plan. I was fucking heated.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I wasn't tryna be sneaky. I thought you would be happy. This would be our first child. Someone that's gonna be a mix of both of us. Imagine a little boy, your junior running around. Or a girl who looks just like me. That would be amazing." She stood in front of me and grabbed my hand. She pressed it against her flat stomach. I lost some of my anger towards her. It would be nice to have a child. I want to be the best father I could be. I release a sigh.

"Yeah. It would be nice. I can see it now," I said, resting my forehead against hers. "So my baby is having a baby?"

Shayla smiled up at me. "Yes baby. I'm so happy. This is gonna be amazing."

"Do you know how far along you are?"

"I don't know baby. I have to set up a doctors appointment."

"Well, let me know when that is. I'll be there with you." I rubbed my hand on her abdomen.

"Of course." She pulled me in for a kiss, wrapping her arms around my neck.

At that point, my heart sunk. I knew I couldn't leave Shayla now. She was having my baby. I needed to be there for her. I want to ensure that she doesn't stress. I want a healthy baby. And I do love Shayla. She was always there for me. Through the ups and down. I'm going to be there for her this time around.

I have to break things off with Ashton. I just don't know how I'm gonna do it. Ashton really worked her way into my heart. And I know I'm gonna break her heart with this news. Fuck.