Lams vs Hamliza-Gone

High School AU, WARNING in this book, Peggy, Angelica and Eliza are N O T sisters, just friends.

Third Person POV

The three musketeers, is what the school nicknamed them. Alex, John and Eliza. They were inseparable, and luckily had all of their classes together.

Everyone thought they stuck together because they had the same interests or enjoyed hanging out with each other, but that wasn't the case. Just one common factor kept the trip together.

Alex.

John and Eliza quite literally hated each other, for one reason. They both wanted Alex and had been competing to win him over for the past month.

John POV:

Fuck.

Is what I'm thinking as I walk towards the school gate. I see my best friend Alex (and crush) talking and giggling with Eliza. Eliza is obviously flirting with him, she obnoxiously twirls her long brown hair on her finger and has a sweet smile on her face.

I would head up to them but instead I walk past them, and into the school gates. As I'm about to cross the line into hell, I felt a strong hand on my wrist. I turn my head slightly to see Alex— and Eliza clutching his arm.

"Hey guys!" I say with a fake smile plastered across my face. "I didn't see ya there." I lied.

"Oh that's okay, well I just wanted to tell you something"- Alex started.

"WE'RE DATING!" Interrupted Eliza. My face went pale and I wanted just run away but me being the supportive friend I am congratulated them.
"I'm so happy for you guys!" I lied, with an annoyed tone. Before they could call me out on it, I turned and quickly walked away and made sure to get lost in the crowd, ignoring Alex calling my name after me.

Time skip

Alex POV:

John wasn't talking to me like normal at lunch today. We sat at our usual table with our friends Herc, Laf, Angelica and Peggy with the occasional Aaron or Maria. The whole time I tried starting conversation with him but he kept giving me short or one word answers like 'yeah' or 'mhm great...' I was finally about to get him to warm up to me again when Eliza butted in and kisses me and showered be with affection.

Of course, being the awesome boyfriend I am returned the favor back to her, and showered her in kisses. When I finished and examined the faces of my friends they looked sort of disgusted or disappointed. I was about to turn back to John and finish our conversation when I suddenly see him get up and run out of the lunchroom.

"What was that about?" Eliza asked with a hint of anger on her tongue. I also nodded in agreement and confusion.

Peggy facepalmed and Herc hung his head low. Angelica was gripping the table (something she does when she's trying not to hit somebody.) and Laf looked me in the eyes.

"Do you really not know Alex?" He asked in slight disappointment. I shook my head and my grip around Elizas waist tightened. He sighed and pointed in the direction John went in. "Maybe you should check for yourself." He said blatantly, and he was obviously upset as well. Me and Eliza got up and sped towards the direction of John.

We go towards the back of the school and hear sniffling. John!

"John I was worried about you!" I said and ran to him, with Eliza clinging to my side.

"Can't you see Alexander?" I was shocked, he never calls me aLexAnder.

"Alex I love you. But the feeling isn't mutual." With that he got up and ran. I started to run after him but Eliza was pulling me away.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRING WITH YOU LEXI?" She screamed, still having a tight grip on my arm.

"I'm going after John what do you mean?!" I said back with slight sass. I tried jabbing my arm back. We started arguing right then and there. Only was it when Eliza started crying was it when I realized that we'd been here for an hour, and I had 1) skipped class and 2) wherever John wanted to go, he was most likely already there.

I sprinted near the front of the school, leaving Eliza a sobbing mess. I looked around the entire school until I got a 'ding' notification. It was a text- from John.

"Goodbye Alexander."

And with that, I never saw John again. He was gone.

753 words ❤️