Prologue: Power

Power can be determined by many things. In modern society, a person's power is generally directly related to the strength, flashiness, and usefulness of their quirk. People with strength enhancing, transformation, or just all-around 'bright' quirks, quickly rise to the top, while people with less-favorable quirks, or quirks society deems villainous often fall behind into the shadows.

So you can understand how low of a level people born without a quirk are considered. Being born quirkless is looked at as a disability. A disease, some have even called it. But this is where they are wrong. Social norms are wrong.

Why should anyone be regarded as better than someone else because of a mutation that didn't exist a few years ago? Why should one person be more important than another because of something out of their control? Most importantly, why isn't anyone trying to change it?

Izuku Midoriya sighed, only a middleschooler and he was already disappointed in a society he was barely a part of.

"WHAT ARE YOU SIGHING ABOUT, DEKU!" Katsuki Bakugo yelled at the shorter boy.

With wide eyes, Izuku fearfully looked down at his feet, a small amount of anger making him subconsciously clench his fist.

Bakugo, noticing the boy's fist, taunted him with a smirk.

"What are you gonna do, quirkless wonder? Punch me? Ha! I'd like to see you try!" he and his cronies snicker.

Izuku slowly loosens his fist in response. Bakugo, thinking that meant surrender started speaking to the boy again, "You know Deku, you're really starting to piss me o-"

Bakugo is cut off by a punch in his stomach. His friend's laughter ceases immediately, but is quickly replaced by a light laughter coming from in front of the explosive bully.

Bakugo looks up, confused and angered, to see Izuku looking at his fist giggling to himself with a crazed look in his eyes. "That felt......so good." Mid-sentence the shorter boy looked into the tallers eyes. By now Bakugo's group has made their way out the door, Bakugo and Midoriya being the only two in the abandoned classroom. He laughs once more before looking totally serious, and with an intense glare says to Bakugo "I think I might do it again!"

Following his statement Izuku swings his fist with the intention of hitting the right side of Bakugo's face, but his hand is caught midair by the angry teen he was aiming at. "You shouldn't go around pissing off your superiors Deku," he said the nickname with a sneer and kicked the shorter boy to the ground, putting a foot on his chest to hold him down, "No matter how cocky you get, it will never be hard to beat a quirkless nobody like you in a fight!"

The impact seemed to return Izuku to his previous frightened state and the fear returned to his eyes almost immediately, as if he had only just realized his actions.

Bakugo was surprised by the sudden change of expression on the boy's face, and his smirk dropped. The taller's surprise caused him to momentarily release some of the weight on his foot holding down the other boy.

In this moment of weakness the other boy scrambles away quickly, grabbing his belonging and booking it out of the classroom and out of the school, all the way home, leaving behind a confused Bakugo.

-

A/N: So that's the prologue! Chapter 1 should be out soon! See you later my dudes!

Thanks for reading! <3

Word Count: 558