Chapter 2: Vex It Is!

"So we meet again," starts Izuku's evil counterpart, "Though I knew I would see you again, I did not anticipate it being so soon."

The real Izuku just sat down, bored, "So what do you even do here?" he decides to ask, ignoring the other's statement.

"Well I haven't existed for very long, but what I normally do is wait and anticipate until I'm needed. But when I'm less tired of this bullshit, I plot. Evilly. Like a villain. And since I'm part of you, that makes you kind of villainous. Doesn't it, Deku?"

"Shut up!" they said in unison.

Less surprised this time, Izuku just sighs, annoyed.

"Why do you even exist?"

"I should be asking you that."

"What does that even mean?"

"Well you created me. So why do I exist, Izuku?"

"I......I don't know."

After a second, Izuku sighs, changing the subject, "So...... Since we're gonna be stuck here all night..... What's your name?"

"Izuku Midoriya"

"No... I-I'm Izuku Midoriya, you're just some piece of my brain."

"Yeah. So I'm Izuku Midoriya."

"No!" They say in unison. Shorter Izuku sighs, "What should I call you? We can't both be me!"

The villain-like one thinks for a second before saying, "I don't know..... What would you call yourself as a villain?"

"A v-villain! What do you mean, villain?" Izuku says loudly, in surprise.

The taller chuckles, "Well, yeah! I'm like the bad parts of you, and you want to be a hero! It's only right that I want to be a villain! So I ask again, what would you call yourself as a villain?"

"I-I don't know! I've never thought about that..." Izuku stutters out, "H-How about.... Provoker. Because you bring out the worst in me."

"Are you kidding that makes me sound like a child!"

"Okay then... What about... Vex. Like vexation, which means to be angered or annoyed."

"...... I guess Vex works."

"Okay then, Vex it is!"

"Wow," Vex expressed, "This is going to take some getting used to."

"What is?" Asked Midoriya.

"Y'know. Having a name. It kind of personifies me, in a sense."

"Huh... I guess it does." Izuku says, "But can we, uh, make a deal?"

Vex looks skeptical, "What kind of deal are we talking about here?"

Izuku sighs, "I really can't afford another freak out like that at school, so if you promise to not take control of my body again at school,I'll give you, in exchange, full control for a few hours every couple of days outside of school."

Vex contemplates for a second, "Why should I listen to you?"

"Uh.. Because... I-I don't know, but because you have mercy?"

Vex laughs a bit, "That sounded like a question, but sure kid, whatever, I can't go getting you killed yet, I haven't lived my villainous life yet!" Giving Izuku a pat on the head, Vex turns to walk away.

Izuku, confused to see him leaving, take a few steps after him, "Where are you going?"

Vex turns around and with a small smile says, "It's time for you to return to the land of the living kid, I've already kept you here past your alarm, so you're welcome for that," and with a little two-fingered-salute turns to walk away, "See you around, kid."

...

When Izuku woke up he was smiling a bit, for some reason unbeknownst to anyone but himself, and well, Vex, who is also himself.

After getting changed into his school uniform and using an absurd amount of cologne, Izuku goes into the kitchen to grab a granola bar and the lunch that his mother made him before, leaving the house, locking it behind him, and jogging to school, narrowly avoiding a blockage

Upon arrival, Izuku hesitates to walk into his classroom, already hearing Bakugo inside yelling about something.

With a sigh, Izuku opens the classroom door and quickly walks to his seat, receiving a glare from Bakugo, as the teacher walks in, the bell ringing.

"So, as third year students, it's time to think about your futures and what you want to do with your lives. I could pass out your career aptitude test but why bother," the teacher says loudly, tossing the aptitude tests into the air, "We all know you all want to go to the hero track!"

At this almost all the students, besides of course Izuku, activated their quirks and started shouting excitedly. Izuku just raised his hand meekly, looking at the floor, but was ignored.

"Yes, yes you got some very impressive quirks but no power usage allowed in school. Get ahold of yourselves." The teacher says, attempting to calm down his students.

The teacher is interrupted by a scoffing Bakugo, "Hey teach, don't lump in with these bunch of losers. I'm the real deal but these guys will be lucky to be a sidekick to some busted deal lister."

Complaints were heard around the room from multiple students, "You think you're better than us Katsuki?"

"Let's go!" He responds, "I'll take you all on!"

"Huh. You've got impressive test results. Maybe you will get into UA High." The teacher states.

Students started whispering various things across the classroom.

"He's gonna try for the national school?"

"That school has a 2% acceptance rate!"

"It's impossible to get into."

"That's exactly why it's the only place worthy of me. I aced all the mock tests, I'm the only one at this school who stands a chance of getting in. I'll end up more popular than All Might himself and be the richest hero of all time," Bakugo brags loudly, full of himself, "People all across the world will know who I am and it all starts with UA High."

"Oh yeah, Midoriya," the teacher says over the whispering students, "Don't you want to go to UA too?"

At this, Midoriya goes beet red and starts stuttering nonsense, while the class bursts out laughing.

"Midoriya? You're kidding right?"

"There's no way you're getting into the hero course without a quirk!"

"A-Actually they got rid of that rule! I can be the first one!" Izuku says meekly in response to the students words of discouragement. Bakugo scoffs and struts over to the boy's desk, slamming his hands down with small explosions. "AARRGH!! Listen up, Deku. You're even worse than these damn rejects, you quirkless wannabe. You really think they'll let someone like you in when they can have me?!"

This state of immense fear struck a chord somewhere in Izuku, triggering something he doesn't like to admit he has. Unsheathed anger, and a burning hatred for being humiliated. And this anger unleashed something else Izuku enjoys repressing.

Vex.

-

A/N: That was Chapter 2! Chapter 3 is on the way! <3

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 1105