Chapter 1: Dream

Izuku sprinted as fast as he could in the direction of his apartment, breathing heavily, his stomach in his throat. The boy was so drenched with fear he felt as though he could throw up any second, but that didn't stop him from continuing to sprint at full speed.

Running up the stairs to him and his mother's apartment, he almost tripped on a few steps. He ran into the house slamming the door closed behind him before hunching over wheezing.

Inko Midoriya walked out of their kitchen wiping her wet hands on a washrag, before dropping it, upon seeing her son's state, and rushing over to Izuku.

"Izuku, sweetie? Are you alright?" Inko says worry laced into her voice.

"Yeah," Izuku manages to pant out, "Just a bit tired is all."

"You scared me to death!" His mother scolds him, giving him a strong hug. "Don't do that!"

The younger Midoriya chuckles a bit, hugging his mom back, "Okay Mom. I'm going to go lay down."

Inko lets her son go and says "Okay Izu, be back down for dinner, it should be done in about an hour!"

While walking in his room Izuku yells to her. "Okay Mom! Thank you!"

With a dramatic sigh he drops his bag and closes his bedroom door, flopping down onto his bed face first. With a tired groan he flips over and lays in bed properly.

Thinking out loud Izuku muttered to himself, "Why did I punch Kacchan today? I mean I've always wanted to but I've never had the confidence to actually do it. It was great. What? No it wasn't why would I even say that? I wasn't even in control of my body! It was like my ange took over. That's not exactly a bad thing. I mean it got him off my back. What am I talking about. I must be pretty tired to be arguing with myself." he sighs and decides to go to sleep, setting an alarm on his phone for one hour from now.

He turns over and closes his eyes.

...

Izuku stood up from the floor, looking at the black mist surrounding him, he seemed to be standing in some sort of abyss.

Looking around he spots another person, facing away from him.

He walks up to them slowly, tapping on their shoulder.

When they turn around Izuku is shocked to see someone who looked like a warped version of himself.

Standing in front of him Izuku saw himself, but wrong.

This alternate Izuku was a small bit taller and thin, and had a presence of superiority. His hair was slightly more tamed and slightly darker than the boy's own. He sported a white button-down shirt with a black vest and black dress pants with shiny black dress shoes and a grin.

Izuku took a few steps back only for his darker clone to step forward to match his steps.

"It's good to see you Izuku Midoriya" the clone said in a smooth voice.

"W-Who are you?" The real Izuku stuttered. "And whe-where are we?"

The clone leaned forward and down slightly, sending shivers down the originals back. "You could say we are in your mind, but that is dreadfully oversimplified."

"What do you mean, in my mind?" The meek boy asked fearfully.

This caused the formally dressed to laugh loudly, making the shorter flinch. "Well you are dreaming, so we are currently in your imagination, wouldn't you say? That is how dreaming works after all."

The smaller hesitated for a second, "So you...... aren't real?"

The villainous Izuku clapped a few times, "Congratulations! Would you like a gold star?" He laughed slightly, "I'm merely a figment of your imagination you've created to justify actions or thoughts that you don't understand. Congrats kid, you're crazy!"

The real Izuku scrunched his face at that. And both Izuku's said at the same time "I'm not crazy!" In the real Izuku's voice.

The smaller Izuku jumped at that, eye's wide.

"I told you," the evil one said, "I am who you justify your bad feelings, thoughts and actions through, kid. Were you even listening? You don't like being angry so when you get angry I take control. I also encompass other things, but you'll figure those out with time."

"I don't understand. Why-" Izuku is cut off.

"Time to wake up kid. See you around!"

...

Izuku wakes up to his alarm, and looks around in confusion.

"That was a strange dream..." He mutters, turning off his alarm.

Izuku yawns and stretches, walking out of his room.

"Hey Mom." Izuku says walking past his mom, and going to sit at the dining table,

"Hello Izu! Have a good nap?" Inko says, walking out of the kitchen with two bowls of miso-ramen.

She puts Izuku's bowl in front of him and puts hers down before sitting down.

"Thanks Mom, it's delicious!" Izuku says cheerfully, mouth already full.

His mother laughs a bit, "Of course Izuku."

They finish eating their dinner with mild chatter, until they both finish.

Izuku stands up and takes the empty bowls to the sink and starts washing them.

"Oh, honey, you don't have to wash those, I'll take care of it!"

"Nonsense. You cooked all afternoon and all I did was sleep. Go rest. Goodnight Mom, I love you." Izuku says all at once, trying to convince his mother to go to bed.

"If you say so sweetie," she says, giving him a kiss and a hug, "I love you too sweetheart, goodnight."

She goes to her room while Izuku waves.

After washing the dishes Izuku decides to go straight to bed.

-

A/N: So that was the first chapter, I hope whoever reads this is having a good day! See you next chapter (Which should be relatively soon). See you dudes!

Thanks for reading <3

Word Count: 946