Chapter 2

It was Already nighttime and I just finished up getting dressed, I looked at the time on phone and saw it saw 7:55 p

It was Already nighttime and I just finished up getting dressed, I looked at the time on phone and saw it saw 7:55 p.m. , it was certainly quite late to have dinner but what my mother told me Lord Death's son was quite fond of the number 8. I sighed and sat down on my bed, I looked down at the sliver charm bracelet that wrapped around my wrist , I smiled sadly at it. My father gave it to me before he passed away, I turned over the heart shaped charm reading what was engraved on it, 'Have courage and be kind.' I looked up at the ceiling and closed my eyes.

"I miss you daddy." I said softly, I jumped when I heard my phone go off I let out a frustrated sigh and answered the phone.

"Hello."

"(Y/N) where are you?! Lord Death's son is about to be here in 2 minutes." My mother said

"Sorry mother I'll be over there." I said.

"Oh and don't call me mother when our guest arrives, I don't want him to think you're actually my daughter." She chuckled.

"Yes moth-I mean Meiko." I said

"Great, now hurry I'm not a patient women." Meiko said I hung up the phone and rolled my eyes.

I patiently waited by the door for their arrival because that's what Meiko told me to do, I looked at the clock that was on the living room wall, 7:59 p.m., they should be here any seconded now. I looked over the circular mirror that was by the door and made sure my hair wasn't disheveled and that nothing what out of place, the knocking at the door startled me as I was fixing my hair . I adjusted my uniform and grabbed the handle of the door.

"Good evening...um." I mentally slapped myself in the face because I literally didn't know their names.

"Death the Kid and these are my weapons, Liz..." He motioned to the girl on his left, she had really long caramel brown hair, Liz seemed pretty level-headed and chill.

"...and this is Patty." He motioned to girl on his right, she had really short blonde hair, Patty seemed more child-like and hyper.

"My apologize." I bowed my head.

"It's quite alright..."

"(Y/N)." I said looking back up at them, Death the Kid smiled at me and I felt my cheeks heat up at this small gesture.

"That's quite a lovely name." He said

"O-Oh t-thank you...um p-please come in dinner will be served momentarily." I said stepping aside and opening the door wider for them.

"Follow me to the dinning room and I'll let Meiko know that you are here." I said making my way over to the dining room the guests following behind. As we were walking over there I couldn't get the smile out of my head, it was kind yet charming not to mention Death the Kid was quite handsome, I slightly shook my head at the thought he is just a guest besides someone like him isn't going to date the help.