Chapter 16

Alex's POV

Since when was Thomas the flirtatious type?! Actually don't answer that. It's just when he described my eyes and how he reminded him of chocolate had me like wooooo!

"So...Thomas...my buddy my old pal uh how's the weather up there?" He rolls his eyes but laughs at my awkward statement, "Haha very funny making the classic tall people joke. But because you asked the weather is very cold up here." "Wait really why?" I asked because I was genuinely confused. "Maybe your lips can warm mine back up again."

I blush at his choice of words. Why the hell is he a complete asshole! "You're am ass." "Your ass." He says with his well known smirk. "My ass his thicc thank you unlike yours which looks like a door."

Thomas lets out a gasp of shock, "Did you just call me fLaT?!" "Yes I fucking did and what are you going to do about it?" I asked with the manliness voice I could muster. "This."

He gets up out of the booth and goes to pick me up and throw me over his shoulder. "Thomas! What the fuck are you doing?!" "What does it look like I'm doing?" He carries me out of the coffee shop and towards his car. "Can you at least tell me where we're going dork?" "My car." I roll my eyes, "No shit Sherlock where are we going when we get in the car?" "On the road for a drive." "Is it a surprise?" I ask as he places me in front of his car door.

"Indeed it is green bean." Green bean?! "Who the hell are you calling gReEn BeAn! I've grown since high school asshole!" He looks down at me with a smile, "Get in the car Alex." "...Fine."

I get in the car and put on my seatbelt. I look around to find many things...magenta. Magenta seat covers, a magenta steering wheel, magenta dice, hell even a magenta water bottle. Thomas gets in the car and puts on his seatbelt too and prepares to drive.

"Thomas?" I ask before he starts the car. He looks over at me with a look of confusion. "Yes?" "What's the color of your keychain?" "He shows me the keychain he has on his keys and of course it's magenta. "Magenta why?" "Why the hell do you have so much magenta in your car?" "Because magenta is superior that's why. Don't tell Peggy I said that though." "I'm definitely telling Peggy that you said that."

"Of course you are." He starts the car and pulls out of the parking lot and onto the main road.

"So Alex what do you think the perfect date consists of?" Hm good question. "To be honest I think the perfect date should just be with the people you are in love with and something that those people love to do together because really perfection isn't a thing and will never be a thing. People just love to say that for validation from others."

"You really think so huh?" Thomas asks. "Yes indeed I do Thomas." I say with a smile. "Of course you give a whole speech on why perfection isn't a thing though." "Did you expect me not to?" He looks as if he was thinking, "Wooowwww Thomas some date you are huh?" "I prefer future boyfriend." I look over at him with a smile, "Well I prefer present boyfriend." His face turns a bright red and I turn my face towards the road to see that we're passing a lot of trees.

"Are we almost there?" "Almost." "What's your ideal date Thomas?" "Hmm maybe a movie date at home where we just have loads of snacks and bingeing all of our favorite movies. And if there's a singing part of the movie we'll just sing it together knowing we sound like shit but just doing it together because it's just us in that moment."

"That's really sweet Thomas." "I know it's not really an ideal date coming from a rich person or someone like me especially with our history but I don't know it seems right." I noticed that his other hand isn't on the wheel so I reach over and link our fingers together. He doesn't take his eyes off of the road but I can see that he's smiling.

We finally reach our destination which is really beautiful by the way. It's a grassy areas with trees all around. It seems really simple but amazing at the same time.

"Wow Thomas this place is beautiful how'd you find it?" "I just drive out here to think sometimes." I look around in amazement as he speaks. "I may need to borrow your thinking space for a while." "Maybe we can come here together sometime." He says. "Maybe we should." I say. "Come on I want to show you my favorite tree!" He runs off quickly with me trying to keep up behind him.

"Slow the fuck down! You know I have short legs!" He slows down a bit letting me catch up and we eventually make it to the tree.

"Here she is I named her Maddie." He says as he leans on the tree. "Two questions. How do you know it's a girl and why Maddie?" He shrugs, "I feel like it's a girl and I like the name Maddie." He slides down the tree to sit on the grass and pats next to him for me to sit there. I sit there and he puts his arm around me.

"I'm really enjoying this date Thomas." I say looking up at him. He looks down at me and brushed some hair out of my face causing me to blush. "I'm enjoying our date too Alex." "Would it be way too early to ask you to be my boyfriend?" I ask. "I don't think so." "Good." It's all I say before I lean in and kiss him and oh my god his lips are so fucking soft.

After a few minutes we pull away with swollen lips, breathless lungs, and heated cheeks. "I love you Alexander." Thomas says as he cups my cheeks.

"I love you too Thomas."