Prologue

Unedited.

Lunacy

Park Jimin, a twenty-year old male, accidentally fled to a town named Silvermoon. He was originally from Ridzwoods since birth. He wanted to stay in the place in hopes of meeting his parents one day but was forcefully shooed away by the town's people.

He was accused with lunacy. A sickness the town's people identified when a person goes crazy whenever the moon is full and bright.

When he was still in Ridzwoods, he lived in a mansion. The property was under his name. Lady Mozerta, the old woman who raised him, told him that his parents left the mansion for him. He was the only person Jimin trusts, so when the woman died, Jimin had no other person to lean on.

Having no other choice and still yearning for his parents to come back, Jimin lived in the house alone. That's when the town's people started attacking and calling him names.

Lunatic, monster, and the cursed child. They usually call him that whenever he visits the town's center park or when he goes to school. That prompt him to stop going outside of his mansion. He stopped going to school and whenever he needs grocery or other house supplies, he would sneakily go to the market and disguise himself as someone else with the use of hair wigs and old shirts or dress that his mom owns.

One night, on a full moon, people gathered around his mansion. Torches and bayonets were on their hands while shouting 'Jimin "the cursed child"' should be slaughtered right away. Being the scaredy-cat and timid boy that he is, he ran away. He ran fast with only a small backpack on his left hand and the blurred picture of his parents and the baby version of himself on the other.

That night, as he ran away from people who were more of a monster than himself, his eyes were filled with a seemingly endless bucket of tears. His heart was beating loudly and painfully as he questioned his parents for leaving him alone and letting him live one hell of a life, literally speaking.

He was panting hardly and barely breathing when his eyes landed on the word Silvermoon that was beautifully carved on a stone just by the side of the dirt road. This town was away from the main road. All Jimin could see were tall and green trees. The dirt road that he was currently trailing was obviously leading to the inner forest.

Jimin could feel goosebumps all over his body as he padded his way towards God knows where the dirt road was leading him. Cricket sounds fill the open space, overlapping the occasional howls of probably stray dogs from the faraway mountain.

Oddly, he felt somehow satisfied as the breath of fresh air made its way inside his system. The pumping of his heart was now stable, but he kept all of his senses hyper-aware. He was still in a foreign land, it should be a natural instinct for him to stay guarded.

As if on cue, he heard the bush 2 meters away from him wiggle creepily. His ears instantly perk up at the smell of danger. Out of habit, he snarled, warning whoever it is to show themselves to him. He is aware though that his body is way too tired and exhausted to fight if ever someone takes advantage of him so his best option left right now is to run.

It was all decided and he was ready to take a lap when suddenly there were light steps behind him. When he turned to look at what could be surrounding him, there was no one but the trees he passed by a while ago. A relieved sigh slipped past his mouth as he continued to walk.

Maybe it's just his hightened sense of hearing, smell and vision, but he is almost so sure that something is lurking behind the dark. It didn't help that he knew he is totally defenseless right now against that certain something- or someone.

Just when he was about to turn back and make his way out of the creepy forest, he tripped over something. The next thing he knew, a big wolf with glowing golden yellow eyes stood firmly in front of him. Needless to say, he was shaking out of pure panic and shock.

"No way" he whispered, more to himself. Sure, he heard myths about werewolves from Lady Mozerta, but that was it. Myths. Now, completely crouching next to a gnashing wolf had him questioning himself if this would be the end of his pathetic and useless life.

What are you doing inside the boarders? What is your purpose?

The wolf stared deep into his eyes as the thought crossed in his mind.

'Is he talking to me?' he asked himself, but the cold stare the wolf was giving him gave him the answer he needed.

'This must be the mind-linking thingy Lady Mozerta used to tell me with her stories'

Answer me this instant!

The wolf growled, showing his sharp canines to Jimin.

Then out of the blue, he felt his gums ache and his eyes glow with something. He screamed at the top of his lungs as pain starts to shoot all over his body. His limbs felt like it was torn into pieces. He can even hear his bones cracking for Pete's sake!

Taking a glance at the wolf in front of him, he was shocked to see that his eyes became clearer against the darkness of the forest.

Mate.

The voice in his mind that shockingly sounds like his screamed. Just as he was about to stand up, his four legs became wobbly and hairy?!

He turned to look at the wolf in front of him but it was all gone. What stood there was a complete naked man staring at him like he had grown four heads.

That was all it took for the already shaken boy to pass out.