002

Unedited.

He is a Luna.

Jeon Jungkook

After the Luna's little transformation show, he passed out. It must be out of exhaustion. The deep breaths he takes and the occasional wincing tells me much as I stare down at him.

Having no other choices left, I lift him up bridal style. I just can't leave him here out in the space when there are possibilities of rogues hunting him down. Sure, maybe he can defend himself, but it's not possible with his current situation.

A Luna, according to tell-tales, is one of the strongest race. Some even call them "the chosen" due to the fact that they are very rare. One can only be a Luna when born with an Alpha blood from both parents and born on a blood moon.

Blood Moon is a rare occurrence. It also doesn't have a fixed date or schedule, unlike the full moon. The blood moon also weakens all types of wolves, just like how the Kryptonite weakens Superman. All types, apart from the race of Luna. This is the reason why most babies born during the blood moon die. The mother should have the strength and the power to push out the baby safely. They should try hard and fight the effect of the blood moon or else, both the mother and the baby will die. According to the books I've read, the Lunas' strength doubles when a blood moon occurs. Though I only know that much because the books have limited knowledge about Lunas.

Another factor why Lunas are rare is because of their bloodline. The Alpha parents. Now, alpha couples are not hard to find, but conceiving a pup is a different story. Because Alphas are naturally dominant, there is a little to no chance that their DNA will be compatible with the other. This is why both of the Alpha's bloodline can hardly be passed into their offspring.

Rogues.

Havoc snarled through the link as the disgusting smell of blood filled the air.

I look at the still wincing boy that's safely snuggled into my naked chest.

My nose scrunched at the awful smell of violence near us. Just by their smell, I can already tell how many of them were carefully surrounding us.

I scoff at their stupidity. Carefully my ass. I'm called the strongest Alpha for a reason. I can smell them even  miles away from me. And as if outnumbering me is enough to make me lose a battle. It's not that I'm conceited or what. I just don't like it when my enemies think they can ever win over me.

There are six of them lurking in the dark. One in my north, one on each side, and three on my south.

Now, there's really no problem if rogues attack me. They can't win, and it's not something wolves never knew. Until now, I'm still wondering how they always attempt to fight a losing battle. But then, I have my little Luna caged in my arms right now. As far as possible, I don't want him getting hurt. Not a single scratch or bruise. Wherever I get the idea of protecting him, I don't know. All I know is that I need to protect my mate.

A warning howl echoed in the air. It came from the rogue in my north. I scoff. Do they really think it'll scare me? How funny.

"What do you want?" I ask in a calm voice.

I don't want violence tonight. I'm not in the mood. They better fuck off before they piss me even more.

"We want that boy" the rogue on my left answered. I snapped my head at his direction, and in the darkness, I see him baring his teeth at me while lustfully glancing at the naked Luna in my arms. 

As if on default, my blood boiled at his demand.

"Who the fuck are you?" I growled, Havoc crawling his way out to take control. I mentally hissed at him. I know he's beyond just pissed. It's our mate their insulting. That little fucker of a rogue won't get away here breathing.