001

Unedited.

MATE

Jungkook  (the name indicated here will identify whose perspective it is)

I could still recall the fragile body collapsing in front of me near the edge of the boarders of Silverwoods.

I was out in the forest, patrolling, when an unknown, yet comforting and delicious scent filled my nostrils. My wolf, Havoc, instantly ran to the direction of the scent.

There, near the boarders, stood a charming average-sized boy with a soft chocolate brown locks. He had a backpack on his hand.

Maybe he ran away from his pack.

Havoc, my wolf, said through the mind link.

A mind link is a skill only werewolves possess.

Werewolves, or the so called creatures of the night that's famous for howling at the peak of the mountain during a full moonㅡ just like how we are defined in lame wolf stories, is half human and a half wolf. We also have two appearances - the human form and the wolf form. 

Naturally, a werewolf is born with an alter ego. That alter ego is the human form's other half, his wolf. All through the course of the life of a werewolf, the mind of the human and his/her wolf  are binded together as one. Their decisions and choices should be decided by both sides together through the mind link.

When in human form, the human version has greater control. When shifted on their wolf form, it depends whether the human gives his/her wolf full-control. As for my case, I have Havoc as my wolf.

Leaving should have a valid reason, Havoc. We both know that.

I linked in a somewhat distressed tone as I walked carefully towards the outer boundary of my pack land.

As a werewolf and the reigning alpha of Silverwoods pack, I strongly agree that the pack you belong should be treated as your family. You should protect it with your life, regardless of rank, and should never leave it behind unless the circumstances force you to.

Now, what fair reason could this boy have for abandoning his own pack and for trespassing ours?

Still following the boy's figure with a fixed gaze, I sniff on the air to take in the still lingering sweet scent. The more I get closer to the boy, the more the scent gets sweeter. Intoxicating even.

I took careful steps as I hide myself behind the bush, still determined on observing the boy. From my angle, I could see his appearance from his front. The moon directly shining above him also made it easier for me to look at his face.

Creamy white complexion, black locks, dull and yet alluring eyes, cute pointed nose, and plump lips that's too beautiful for a male wolf are what I got from staring at him. 

As the boy I was observing walked forward, I hopped from bush to bush too, still trying my hardest to hide myself considering my large and lean built. The bushes wiggled as I hit them recklessly with my legs or arms.

"Heck" I mumbled under my breath, seeing the boy halt from his movements and then snapping his head at the direction of the bush I'm hiding.

Did he finally caught my alpha scent? Or is this huge ass bush not enough to cover my huge ass self? Damn.

The answer to my question was given the moment the boy walked once again, not really checking my presence.

Strange.