Revived

Notes: I hardly know anything about medical stuff so I apologise if there are any mistakes. Also the plotline kinda dissolved into crack near the end, it's 23:40 and my writing capabilities have yeeted off to Narnia.

Summary: Alternate aftermath of heroes rising (this might not make much sense without watching the movie), focusing on Todoroki. No one dies, don't worry!

Warnings: Injury, cringe 😅, slight movie spoilers, hospitals, poor medical knowledge, 'Shoto' spelt as 'Shouto' because I'm not sure which is right-

Endeavor gulped when he saw the state of the island- fires sprung in random patches, trees were torn down and grass replaced with charred soil. Various other pros also gazed in horror at the scene before them.

"Endeavor. I see ice- your son." Aizawa said, sprinting in the opposite direction towards a cave, muffled noises coming from within. The Flame Hero's eyes located the glistening mound of ice and he ran towards it. Shouto couldn't die... he needed to see Endeavor become a better father...

As he rounded the cold block, he instantly saw his frozen son, unconcious and unmoving.

"SHOUTO!" Endeavor howled, not bothering about keeping up a strong persona. He dropped to his knees, cradling Shouto's head with his large hands. The two-toned locks were solid and icy, even those of his red side. Increasing his flame's heat, Endeavor started to try and wake up his hypothermic son.

"Shouto, can you hear me? You've got to wake up!" The pro couldn't hide the desperation anymore, nudging Shouto restlessly.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw Shouto's closed eyes twitch a little, before one opened a crack to reveal glazed over blue. Taking advantage of the awareness, he decided to tell Shouto the one thing he had to do.

"Shouto, you've got to use your fire." Endeavor commaded, albeit in a softer tone than he usually used to order the boy. The hazy eye slipped shut again, much to the pro's dismay.

"No no no, Shouto you've got to stay awake, son. SHOUTO!" His frantics shouts were rewarded with Shouto waking again, and shifting slightly to peer up at his father.

"D-d-da-" The teen began, before his body was wracked with violent, ruthless coughs. Endeavor clasped him, rubbing his back as he coughed again and again.

"Shouto, breathe." He said, but Shouto couldn't hear him. Exhaustion overtook him, and the teen fell limp in his father's hold.

"Damnit Shouto!" Endeavor cried, shaking the boy more vigorously. The dual-haired teen's head lolled to the side, not responding.

"I NEED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE NOW!" The hero shouted, but none was in hearing distance. Shouto needed to wake up and use his flames before he went into shock. Endeavor hugged him tightly to his chest, warming the frozen body up himself as he surveyed the scene.

A huge villain was completely frozen, and pride swelled in the pro's chest. Shouto had done well- very well. He couldn't die, not now, not like this.

He noted Shouto's ragged breathing, cold temperature refusing to rise even with Endeavor's warmth. He was pratically frozen inside out, the only way to save him was to get him use his own flames.

The pro kept his hand over Shouto's pulse, relaxing slightly at the slow, steady heartbeat. Until it wasn't there anymore. His masterpiece- his son didn't have a heartbeat.

"SHOUTOOOO!" Endeavor howled again, lying him flat on the ground and starting chest compressions.

"Come on son. Come back to me." He pleaded non-stop, arms working hard.