So Much More Than An Object

Notes: This is not part of the Shrunk series. Any chapter that is will be called Shrunk|Part (something).

Summary: It began with Mineta being a pervert, and ended with Todoroki feeling worthy. 

Warnings: Mineta being a pervert.

It was a quiet Friday afternoon in the dorms. Everyone was unwinding from their week of gruelling training, and looking forward to the weekend.

"DIE!" Bakugou shouted from one of the sofas. He and the Bakusquad were playing video games, something the blonde was very... passionate about to say the least.

Satou, Kouda, Tokoyami, Ojiro and Shouji were trying out one of Satou's new bakes, muttering compliments through crumbs of cookies.

The girls were in the showers, washing off the sweat from the earlier classes. It was their claimed 'de-stressing time, which occurred every Friday from 5pm-6pm.

The Dekusquad were studying quietly at various points across the common room. Midoriya was curled up in an armchair, in his hands was the important notebook he always seemed to carry. Iida was on the floor, leaning against the furniture and explaining something to Kaminari, who was semi-listening, semi playing video games.

Todoroki was snuggled in the window seat. He was reading the classic edition of Beauty and the Beast. His mother had pressed him to borrow it from her on his last visit, and he looked forward to discussing it with her on Saturday.

All in all, apart from Bakugou's occasional shout, it was a peaceful early evening in the dorms. The atmosphere was slow and warm, perfect reading conditions for Todoroki.

He may be quick and powerful in a fight, but he likes to take evenings easy.

Well, it was a quiet evening before the girls came pouring out the shower room. Instead of clothes, fluffy towels were wrapped hastily around their bodies and Ashido was screeching indignantly.

Everyone turned to regard the flurry of girls, confusion very present in their features.

"MINETA IS IN THE VENTS! HE WAS WATCHING US SHOWER!" Ashido wailed. Yaoyorozu looked very uncomfortable, a frown creasing her forehead.

"It was a horrible intrusion of our privacy." The vice-rep added. Todoroki sighed, closing his book and standing up.

"That's terrible." Kirishima was muttering, along with Midoriya, Kaminari and Sero.

"No one go back in the showers." Todoroki commanded. "I'm going to be in the vents, and fetching that pervert."

"Todoroki!" Yaoyorozu gasped.

"And then he'll get what's coming to him." Todoroki continued, determination set in his eyes.

"Thank you Todo!" Ashido squealed. Uraraka smiled at him, and Tsuyu thanked him as well.

Todoroki allowed an ice pillar to form underneath him, lifting him up to the tall ceiling. There he pushed the vent cover off, proceeding to haul himself through. He could hear the encouraging cheers from his classmates, and crawled through the ducts.

The dual-quirk wielder could also hear someone else scrambling in the ventelation system. Bingo. He continued to crawl through, until he came face-to-face with Mineta.

"Mineta." He said coolly, a cold glare crossing his expression.

"Eek!" Mineta squeaked, trying to back away. Todoroki caught his ankle, pulling him back through the vents. He shoved Mineta out of the vent first, where he landed with a thump on the floor. Todoroki soon followed, landing on his two feet.

Now they were out, Todoroki encased Mineta in an ice prison. Mineta gripped at the freezing bars, eyes wide and fearful.

"I-I'm s-sorry Todoroki! Let m-me o-out!" The grape-boy pleaded.

"I'm not the one you should apologise to." Todoroki glared. "What you did to the girls was disgusting." The whole class had gathered around, some taking pictures of Mineta while others laughed.

"I w-won't do it again." Mineta lied. Todoroki saw right through it.

"You have been harassing the girls since the beginning of the year. Everyone is tired of it! THEY ARE PEOPLE TOO!" Todoroki did not even realise he had begun yelling. He had been treated as a tool, a weapon, most of his life by his father, and he would not let anyone else feel like he did. "They are all people. AND THEY ALL MATTER!"

"What would you know about it?" Mineta said hauntingly.

"What would I know, what would I know?!" Todoroki growled. "I know everything! Literally, the only reason I was born was to be a tool for my father's fame!" He did not even realise he had spilled that secret. "So I do know quite a bit! And no one should feel as I do! No one!"

Silence washed over the common room.

"Todobro." Kirishima whispered, placing a hand on Todoroki's shoulder. Only then did he notice his left side was steaming slightly.

"Sorry about that." He muttered, sighing a frosty breath to calm himself. He raised his left hand, melting the ice prison with a heatwave.

But before Mineta could run off, Todoroki knelt down to his level.

"If you, ever treat anyone like an object again, you'll regret it." He promised, glaring viciously. Mineta nodded rapidly, before sprinting up the stairs.

"Thank you Todoroki..." Uraraka said quietly. The whole room felt very tense. Todoroki evaporated all of his ice quickly. He was about to return to his window seat, when Yaoyorozu caught his arm and said something:

"If it's any comfort, we all think you are so much more than an object."

And the whole class went out of their way to show him that.