"Touya..." | Part 1

Notes: I recommend listening to the song 'Brother' by Kodaline while reading this story!

Summary: Dabi reveals his true identity on live TV, as well as the Todoroki family's dark past.

Warnings: Abuse mention, violence, Endeavor dies

All the teachers stared at the screen. It wasn't every day you saw Endeavor bleeding out at the hand of a Nomu.

"Eraser." Toshinori turned to face the underground pro, his name falling off his trembling lips.

"Yeah?" Aizawa responded, dark eyes not straying from the screen.

"Young Todoroki." Toshinori wasn't going to lie; he knew the relationship between Todoroki and his father was strained but he'd still be effected by this. Apparently, Aizawa thought the same.

"Shit. I'm going to the dorms." Aizawa announced, bringing a hand to his temple. He didn't bother to change out of his slippers, and ran to the dorms, praying Todoroki hadn't seen the fight yet.

No such luck.

When he entered the common room, he instantly saw teen staring at the television.

"Todoroki, you've already seen?" The pro mentally cursed his lack of comforting skills. The dual-quirk wielder didn't respond, but others noticed their teacher's arrival.

"Aizawa-Sensei." Sero spluttered. The named ignored him, coming closer to Todoroki.

"You shouldn't be watching this." Aizawa said, resting a hand on his shoulder. Todoroki flinched away, turning to him with frantic eyes.

"No- I'm – I need to see what happens." He stuttered out, heterochromic eyes snapping back to the screen as Dabi approached his fallen father.

"Enji Todoroki." Dabi grinned manically. Endeavor looked up, blood dripping to the rubble beneath him.

"This-" Dabi kicked the man in the side. "Is the man you chose to celebrate as your Number One."

The villain spared a glance at the cameras, eyes flashing with insanity.

The students flinched, recognising Dabi from the training camp. Bakugou clenched his fists, letting out a 'tch'.

"So-" Dabi continued, turning back to Endeavor. "I thought you should know what he did to the people he was supposed to love and protect the most."

Todoroki shifted slightly, colour draining from his face.

"Todoroki, is there something you know we don't?" Aizawa asked.

"I don't think so." The teen's voice remained calm and low, despite the perspiration on his left cheek.

"No one batted an eye when the oldest Todoroki child went missing."

"Or when the youngest, just a five year-old showed in public with half his face scarred."

Aizawa was shocked. Was Todoroki really so young when he got his scar?

"Did no one hear the cries of children from the Todoroki estate? No one?!" Dabi demanded, blue eyes flashing angrily.

Aizawa glanced down at Todoroki, who was trembling as he held his phone. He brought up the search bar and typed 'league of villains Dabi' with shaking fingers. The teen clicked on an image, grainy but unmistakable. His thumb brushed over the villains eyes, which Aizawa realised were the exact shade of Todoroki's left. The dual-quirk wielder seemed to have recognised it too.