Shrunk|Part 1

Summary: When Todoroki gets hit by a de-aging quirk, class 1-A and their teacher learn some things they never knew about him.

In the late hours of the evening, Aizawa was out on patrol. His class would be heading to bed in about an hour, so he did not have to worry about them. Todoroki had gone to visit his mother that afternoon, and would mostly likely be back at the dorms way before the time Aizawa was.

Slipping through the alleyway, his keen hearing picked up on soft, muffled cries. This immediately peaked his awareness. He did not call out, instead peering around the dumpsters and discarded cardboard boxes. It was dark, but not dark enough to miss the two-toned locks of his student.

"Todoroki?" Aizawa asked, pushing the stack of muddy boxes his student was behind away. A small face looked up at him, half clad in dirty white bandages. The child had the same hair as Todoroki... a bandage where his scar would be... grey-brown right eye.

Then it hit Aizawa. The criminal he had been chasing down had a de-aging quirk, one that made someone into a 6 year-old child for a few days. Todoroki must have stumbled across them, and they must have used their quirk on him.

Aizawa bent down to Todoroki's height, making sure to keep at least a meter back as to not appear threatening.

"Hey Shouto." He tried again.

"H-how do you know my name?" The young Todoroki asked, fists buried in his teal T-shirt. Ah, he lost his memory as well.

"I'm a hero. Can you come out?" Aizawa questioned gently. "I won't hurt you."

"Heroes do hurt people." Todoroki whispered with so much bitterness Aizawa had to forcibly stop himself from recoiling.

"I promise I won't. Please come out." Aizawa tried quietly, reaching a hand out slowly. After a few seconds, Todoroki's tiny trembling hand was in his. He gave the kid a warm smile, before leading him out into the middle of the alley.

Todoroki's one visible eye was drooping in exhaustion, and Aizawa bent down to scoop him up. As soon as he did though, the child flinched violently.

"It's okay. Can I pick you up?" Aizawa asked gently. He was supplied with a minute nod, and swooped Todoroki into his arms. The younger male buried his face into Aizawa's black jumpsuit, hiding the bandage.

Aizawa assumed to bandage was something to do with his scar. Although, how would a kid get such a large scar at such a young age? However, that was not what was important right now. He needed to get Todoroki safely back to the dorms.

He had not gone too far from the dorms luckily (possibly because he is extremely protective of his students, but that is not the point). It was only a couple of minutes before they arrived back, Todoroki still sniffling into Aizawa's shoulder.

"You're okay." The pro whispered for the third time since their walk began. Todoroki moved his small fist to clutch Aizawa's capture weapon, clinging onto it like a lifeline.

"Are you going to punish me?" He asked in a shaky voice.

"Wha- Why would I punish you?"

"I cried. I'm not s-supposed to cry." Todoroki whispered, with a stray tear slipping down his plump cheek.

"I'm not going to punish you for crying!" An unsettling image of Todoroki's childhood formed in Aizawa's mind... Endeavor that bastard. "Even heroes cry."

Although his face was almost completely concealed, Aizawa saw a ghost of a smile play across Todoroki's mouth. He took that as a sign to slip through the dorm's front doors.