Shrunk|Part 3

Summary: Continuation of the 'Shrunk' series.

"Shit." Aizawa cursed before saying more. "I'm coming to the dorms. Everyone must look for him." The pro then hung up, turning the Nezu again.

"What was that about?" The principal asked curiously.

"Todoroki's gone missing." Aizawa informed him hastily,fingers twitching nervously at his sides.

"Right, I'll inform the other faculty members to look for him. Go look yourself." Nezu commanded. Aizawa did not need to be asked twice; he was out the door, down the corridors, and back at the dorms in five minutes tops.

The students were looking frantic and desperate calls of 'Shouto!' filled the tense atmosphere. Midoriya had returned, since his training was cut short due to the fact All Might had to look for the missing child as well.

Speaking of All Might, the blonde was searching around, concern etched in his features.

Aizawa took a quick scan of the area, only to find no clue as to where Todoroki had gone. The pro ran into the trees surrounding U.A., his heart pounding in his ears.

He would have missed the tiny sniffle if it was not for adrenaline heightening his senses. It came from his side, and he whipped towards a... thorn bush.

Please don't say Todoroki's in there...

Kneeling down, he peered through visciously spiky thorns and wilted roses until he spotted the child. Todoroki's face was spotted with mud, petals littered his hair add bleeding scratches adorned his arms and legs. Tears carved paths through the dirt on his face and dropped onto the ground below.

"Shouto, hey, can you come out?" Aizawa coaxed softly. The kid had crawled quite far into the bush, far enough so Aizawa could not touch him.

"N...no." Todoroki whispered, scrubbing at his cheeks.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Aizawa tried a different approach. He needed to get Todoroki out quickly, before the deep scratches from the thorns got infected.

"Th-they we-were going to hu-hurt me." The child whimpered, mismatches eyes wide and fearful.

"What were they doing?" Aizawa asked gently.

"Th-they ha-had a k-kettle."

"A kettle?" The pro could not help the confusion that leaked into his tone.

"M-momma h-hurt me. Wi-with boiling wa-water fr-from a k-kettle." Todoroki explained quietly. His trembling hands were clutched at his chest, as it heaved with suppressed sobs.

To say the least, Aizawa was shocked. He knew Todoroki went off campus every Saturday morning to visit his mother in a hospital, and he assumed that this kettle incident was the reason she was there.

"I can promise you no one here wants to hurt you." Aizawa said, holding a hand out for Todoroki to take. The kid just crawled further back into the bush, not even wincing when thorns dug against his pale skin.

"NO! How can I believe you when all I do at home is get hurt?!" Todoroki cried. "Heroes do hurt people!"

"Shouto, stop hurting yourself. Come out." Aizawa took on a more commanding voice. He did not want the child to obey him out of fear, but he had to get him out of that bush.

At first, Todoroki froze in terror before bolting out the bush. He stood before the knelt-down Aizawa, head down like he expected to be yelled at.