[26] The BitterSweet Farewells

I was not born without a heart. I was brought up without a heart.
Rue

||♪||

"Goodbye? I thought you were going to stay." Yona says alarmed.

"No. We never planned to stay. We were here only for our revenge. We have finished it so we will be going back." Ken answered.

"Oi Rue! What is this nonsense of you leaving? Didn't we say that you aren't going anywhere? So don't go with him." Hak said seriously.

"This decision was taken by the both of us." All this time Rue had not said a single word.

"M'Lady. Is this true?" He asked hurt.

"Yes. That is what we have decided." Ken replied yet again.

"Will you shut up? We are talking to ber. Not you." Hak gritted out. Ken merely narrowed his eyes.

"She has no interest in talking to you people."

"You! Rue, say something!" Kija shouted.

"Try all you want." Ken amused.

"M'lady! Why do you keep silent?" Jae-ha stepped forward.

"Rue!" With that Hak was about to approach her but Ken quickly stopped him. Ken shook his head in alarm. Their eyes widened at his sudden action of alarm. When they saw her eyes the group felt shivers down their spines.

Her eyes were blank and cold as if she were dead. Her face was free of any emotions. She looked deadly and dangerous. She lifted her eyes to the group and spoke in a cold voice.

"Yona, Hak, Kija, Jae-ha, Shin-Ah and Yun. This is indeed my decision. Our aim here is done, so I see no reason as to why we or rather I should accompany you people any further."

Yona parted her lips slightly and gazed at her with wide eyes. Hak and the others were dumbfounded. What were they to say when she herself said that it was her decision.

"See? There you go. You have your answer."

"Why?"

Over the silence a voice rang out. Everyone turned their heads towards the owner of the voice. His tone was dark and grim.

"Just because your aim is done, it doesn't mean that you have to leave. It makes no sense." His purple eyes burned into her neon ones.

"Don't you get it?" She chuckled darkly.

"This is who I am. A killer. A murderer. You want me to stay with you? Don't joke around. I kill. You hear me. Killing people is my job. I have killed more people than the whole town of Port Awa."

"What the heck...?" Hak muttered.

"You don't get it, do you? We are willing to accept you as you are. We will always be there for you, help you. So why can't you stay?" Hak says, his eyes glowing.

"Can you kill Soo-Won?"

Hak and Yona froze at the question. Their eyes widened.

"Soo-Won? Isn't that the new King?" Yun gasped.

"What?" Kija paled as he finally spoke.

"Kill? We can kill of course, we have the power of dragons. Whatever, Princess asks us to do we shall."

"No. Let me rephrase it." Her face blanked again. This time a strange coldness coated her tone.

"Can you destroy Kouka and everything in it? Can you destroy Hiryuu Castle? Can you kill the people in Kouka?"