Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Hell Week 

Abigail sat in the back of her class, scribbling down notes on her leather notebook with a fine-tipped ink pen. She wasn't really paying any attention to Professor Clarke as he talked and pointed to the board, probably rambling about this semesters new projectm

"So this our project is  on Gender Studies; Troupes and Techniques, we will be focusing  on 
utopian and dystopian writings, and the way that writing gives a voice to humanity's dreams and fears."

Abigail mentally groaned, she stayed up all night writing about a story about a group alike her own harboring superpower capabilities. In their sense, it was entirely metaphorical and just a story, but to her, it was just like another diary entry. Gathering the 'all-go' from the pack,
She obviously agreed that she should have to tweak some information because if a Neophyte ever got ahold of such a story she would be outed and exposed. 

"I want everyone to research a piece of writing, evaluating the piece to this criteria. Presenting it in an essay that includes such things as Statement of intent, evidence an conclusion. Extra marks for wider world prespectives-" 

Professor Clarke walks around the room staring up at each and every student until his eyes landed on Abigail. 

"You could find out on racial injustices, political conspiracies, or whatever, just don't be plain about it. Remember in this class we explore out of our minds." He spoked enthusiastically

Suddenly a young male raises his hand,

"Yes?"

"Is this just only for novels or can we-"

"No, you can explore poetry and songs, or perhaps short stories as long as it fits within the terms."
Thankfully class was almost done, as Abigail started to pack away her things her phone dinged
she unlocked it revealing Randall's name.
'Meet me at the pub, we gotta talk x'
' Be there in 10mins, assuming I get out of this class.'

As she sent that text the bell went off, ending today's long lecture.  She threw over her shoulder her dark brown satchel and hurried off before being stopped by Professor Clarke calling her name,

"Miss Herondale, I read your essay and I got to say it was quiet-" He hesitated, trying to find the right words to describe it, "Comprehensive and occult but I liked it, it showed very a lot of promise a bit gruesome in some paragraphs but the usage of supernatural phenomenons, seems your imagination is extraordinary." He passed over the two sheets of paper which had to hear the writing and smiled, "A-plus, congratulations Miss Herondale, keep it up."

She nodded and thanked her professor before scurrying off in a hurry to go meet Randall.

-------

Abigail arrived at the pub, surveying the area for her friend, he was sitting drinking a light weighted beer in the middle of the room.

"Hey, what's up?-" Abigail greeted wavering over a waitress, "-Mocha, two sugars. Thanks"
Randall smiled stiffy, "Remember that Morton kid?-" Abigail nodded, "-Yeah I just left him, he was talking about werewolf hunting apparently someones been killing Neophytes and he is certain its werewolves-" Abigails Mochaccino had arrived and Abigail as generous and kind as she was tipped the lovely waitress a ten-dollar bill. 

"Anyway, I said I'd helped, you know keep an eye on him."

"Randall Carpio, making smart choices. Just don't get too close to him yeah, I may be your Alpha but I'm always prepared."

"What so your not gonna jump at me for it?"Randall questioned,

"Nah, I think it's good, you find out whose really killing Neophytes. We destroy them, stop the magic or whatever. Save the day, we swoop in when they are alone and slaughter it. The poor fucker probably wouldn't know what hit em"