Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Edith Grey

Abigail searched the Den's reliquary, trying to find anything that would help her with finding more about her hide.

Since Jack had been recruited into The Order, he had been partnered with none other than Aylssa Drake learning spells and what not.

The abrupt chime ringing through her ears making her head ache. "Goddamn, fucking Neophytes." Abigail snapped,

"I bet its Jack Morton, we can't trust him!" Lilith snapped as she stared AT Abigail who was still searching through old hard overs. "Have faith, remember it is recruitment season." Abigail reminded,

"If I was Alpha-" Lilith started, Abigail tensed up and looked at her daring her to continue her next words.

"You'd what?" Abigail tempted,

"Nothing." Lilith back down,

"No, you'd what. Finish what you were saying,"

"Im just saying you can be too compassionate-" Abigail stood up, walking up to Lilith who was now staring at Hamish.

"And you want me to lead through violence?" Abigail asked shocked by Lilith.

"No that isn't what I am saying-" Lilith looked at her Alphas eyes, they were glassy and red.

"Then what are you saying, Lilith?-" Abigail snapped. "You wanna be the Alpha? Cause go on." Abigail grew aggressive.

"Okay, let's just take a step back and breathe." Hamish stepped in between the Alpha.

Abigail stepped back as Hamish stood in her view. Lilith seemed wide eyed in surprise and guilty.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." Lilith apologied.

"Let's just cool down, Abigail are you alright?" Hamish put on his hands on Abigail, his eyes full of concern for his pack mate,

"Yeah, I'm just stress with school, Clarkes up my ass about work. Sorry-"
Abigail walked away a large brown book in hand,

"Look if you wanna talk-"

"Hamish, I'm fine." She shrugged him off, but he was unconvinced as he watched her walk up the basement steps out through the door.

Abigail walked up to her room, listening to the thundering rain pour on a Saturday. No school, thankfully but she did need to continue her studies.

She sat comfortably on the egg shaped chair that hung from the ceiling, unclasping the book.

She began to read the first page, it was a written entry of Edit Grey.

1918 May

My 18th birthday is around the corner, but the continous sign of warfare rages  on. My mother signed me up as a nurse for the troops, but I fear for my life.

Many people, thought the war would be over by its first years Christmas. But that was false,

My brother Jonathan, was sent to fight in the war and he sends a letter every week to mother and father. He even sends me one, I miss him dearly.

I hope he comes home,

--------

Abigail continued to flip through the pages and landed on one that seemed very rush due to the handwriting being not like it was previously. Messy.

1919 July

The War still continues for another year. People fear the worst, food is scarce. My mother has fallen ill,