Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Silverback

Everyone walked down to the basement, where they were meet with Jack reading books.

"This isn't a library." Hamish stated, taking a seat.

"You got a better reliquary then they have do."Jack spoke up still flipping through pages of a old book.

"No, this is magical contraband." Randall corrected.

"Have you read any of this stuff?" Jack asked looking up and staring at Abigail who was running her finger down the stem of a book.

"No, we take away the magic we don't practice it." Lilith said crossing her arms and leaning against the chair in which Hamish was sitting on still.

"Well if you did then you'd know in here is all about your hides such as-" He looked at Randall first, "-You are Grey beard the fearless, Hamish is Tundra, the cunning  and then that means you-" Jack now stood close to Lilith, "-You are Timber. A lone wolf-" She snarled at him," And then Midnight, the reckless-"

" We call him cannon fodder!" Randall chirped,

" Silverback, the most powerful. "

Abigail rolled her eyes, " But what surprises me is there is nothing about your hide. " Jack looked Abigail.

" Long story there bud. " Abigail stated.

" Well I am a good listener."

They all relocated to the living room, where Abigail started her journey in telling him why there was no information.

"To be Alpha you have to be-" Abigail hesitated trying to find the right words.

"Your souls got to be deticated the cause already." Randall finished,

"-Yes thankyou, well in a sense. Your entire being is devoted to the cause, the last Alpha was in the 1900s and there hasn't been one up until 3years ago."

"Documentation was burnt of lost in the years. Expect Edith Greys journal," Hamish finished,

"Edit Grey?" Jack asked,

"Edith Grey, was the last known Alpha  to be documented in form that was understandable. She died in hers late 70s, she took down numerous temples behind though-" Randall completed.

"Why we telling him? For all we know telling him could get us killed!" Lilith snapped standing up.

"Calm down Lilith. I'm sure Jack Morton here wouldnt utter a word, cause if he did I'll personally slit her throat." Abigail smiled.

Jack swallowed hard and nodded, "Double agent."

"Plus Jackie here got his first kill!" Randall happiky announced,

"Why is that exciting! That I killed my professor. I'm a murder, which by the way thanks for that!" Jack spat gesturing to the group.

"We didn't elect you, Midnight did. Something in there thought you were Champion material" Hamish smirked mixing himself a drink.

----

It would be quicker to say Jack Morton didn't really accept the entire fact he had to give his life to the order.

"Well give him two days if he doesn't make up his mind. We'll kill him." Abigail decided sighing,

"Like you weren't overwhelmed when you first changed!" Randall stated dumbfounded.

----

Abigail sent Randall to have a close eye on Jack, well her and Hamish spent their time biding in the living room.

Abigail studied well she was waiting for her drink,

" So, this semester Professor Clarke has the entire class writing essays on the dystorian an utopian writings in which gives humanities its greatest fears and dreams--blah blah blah."

"Figured out what you gonna write about?" Hamish asked vigorously shaking his mixer.

"I once read a book from Malorie Blackman, it was about rasicm. Well the darker skinned had privalage and white skinned people were the slaves." Abigail smiled at the tall man who waltz over with her beverage.

"Interesting, here- I kept it light with the alcohol and added some spice. I call it Bittersweet Mary."

"Oh-" She took a sip and let the taste sit before swallowing. "-Bitter leaving a sweet aftertaste. What is that?"

"Apple cider and Vodka. Though I lowered the shot of Vodka to half. Works all the same though." Hamish smiled sitting next to her on the couch.

"You, Hamish Duke. Are truly a talented man, as long as you keep making that, I won't leave your side." Abigail smiled, soon she felt slightly physically tired leaning her head on his shoulder.

It was wierd, Hamish didn't think of it. He thought of her purely as a sister.

" So what do you think about, Morton. "She asked.

" Midnight chose him for a reason, I got to somehow believe that reason is right. But somehow for the sake of the pack, we've got to be careful. " Abigail smiled,

"Careful there, Duke, Alpha might want to jump out of me and into you."

"Now that wouldn't be good would it?"

"No, I'd prefer you alive." Hamish knitted his brows chuckling.

Abigail lifted her head and began typing away at the keys on her keyboard. "I better get cracking on their research essay. I am aiming for that A plus!"

"That a girl!" Hamish praised smiling cheerfully standing up, "Well I am heading out, text if you need anything."

Abigail waved goodbye.

-----

The day grew to night as the night stars blanketed the sky. Abigail sat on the couch still typing away, Hamish still hadn't come back, Lilith was also out and Randall decided a night jog would be good.

So once again Abigail bided her time alone, confiding herself to her studies.

She had her ear plugs in and was listening to the K-12 Album produced by Malenie Marteniz. She had been in the mood to listen to these specific songs on repeat, they settled the right mood for her.

Something about the song made her feel upbeat and in the mood to just dance. The beat dropping, the instrumentals she wondered why she never majored in music.

She decided to take a break, unlocking her phone it was past eight. Forgetting to eat she shrugged, no doubt Hamish or Randall scolding her for missing a meal.

Big deal, she listened still to her music shutting her laptop and sliding it onto the coffee table.

She stretched her arms and as the next song played, Recess, she listened to the bittersweet lyrics.

The beat lifting her up, and if anyone saw her now they'd make front of her.

But she was free at the moment letting the words carry her, letting her heartbeat pound to the beat.

Don't let them hurt, you baby.

She swayed her hips and closing her eyes. Raising her arms to the ceiling.

People go insane, if you need a break someone will take your place.

And for awhile she was comfortable, stress-free and for the first time nothing on her mind clouded her with anxiety and the pressure of being Alpha.