Chapter 9 Part 2: Criteria for choosing a spouse

"Dad, it's almost time for dinner. I'll go out to buy you something to eat."

Yang Suping stood up quickly: "I'll go with you."

Bai Zhen Zhen glanced at Yang Suping.

She roughly knew what this stepmother was thinking.

Wrapped food wasn't as tasty as eating on the spot after all, not to mention, if she didn't go out, she could only be stuffed in the ward taking care of her dad.

"You can stay here and take care of dad, he's just had his surgery, there can't be any mishaps." Bai Zhen Zhen refuses her stepmother's request without the slightest hesitation.

"Isn't there Xiao Huo to look after him..." Yang Suping winked at Huo Xiang.

Huo Xiang suddenly got out of bed, put on his shoes, and said, "Aunt Yang, it's not safe going outside so late, how about you stay here to look after Uncle Bai. I will go with Zhen Zhen to buy food, this way I can protect her."

Yang Suping didn't have enough time to say "No," as Father Bai had already given Huo Xiang a thumbs up: "It's still Xiao Huo that is considered and thoughtful ah."

Bai Zhen Zhen looked at Huo Xiang, praise on her face, and parroted: "It's still Xiao Huo that is considered and thoughtful ah."

"Let's go," Huo Xiang said.

As soon as his voice came out, a burst of uniform footsteps sounded outside the door.

Bai Zhen Zhen was close to the door. She stuck her head out towards the corridor, and was astonished to find several men clad in black holding wooden trays that were walking towards her direction. The things set on the wooden trays were made of stainless steel covered with a glass lid, and looked like dishes.

"What, what are you doing..." Bai Zhen Zhen's tongue was tied in a knot.

The men in black entered into the ward one by one. They spread small and big dishes over the common table that was in the room. Bai Zhen Zhen looked through the glass lid on top, and sure enough , there was steaming food inside, all kinds of exotic delicacies.

The table was too small, and there was no more room after putting on four or five dishes.

The men in black stood on the corridor on standby. Then, under the attentive eyes of the men in black and the ward's patients, Leng Hao Chen came in with Michael in tow.

"Aiyo, big boss, you're here again ah!" When Yang Suping saw Leng Hao Chen, she was as happy as if she'd seen a one-hundred-yuan bill.

Leng Hao Chen ignored her and walked straight to Bai Zhen Zhen, and said in a neither warm nor cold tone: "After eating, move to another ward."

The president spoke in such a concise way that Michael, who was at the side, had to act as a translator: "Miss Bai, boss meant that he has reserved a VIP ward for your father, which is being cleaned at the moment. Once we're done with the meal, you can comfortably move in."

Huo Xiang looked Leng Hao Chen up and down with great interest, and asked Yang Suping in a whisper: "Aunt Yang, this is the big boss you spoke of?"

Yang Suping nodded like grinding garlic, with excitement all over her face.

Bai Zhen Zhen was really confused by this move of Leng Hao Chen. She frowned and asked him: "Why are you helping my father change the ward? Didn't I say I don't want to be your secretary and I also don't need your help?"

Leng Hao Chen raised the corner of his mouth with a devilish smile: "He, is this your game? Deceive me first to come over and then act surprised?" He spoke and then his body leaned close to Bai Zhen Zhen, cornering her body against the wall.

"Say, do you still think this way is more fun? En?"

Bai Zhen Zhen felt frustrated. She had stayed for two consecutive days in the hospital, how could she "deceive" him?!!

Leng Hao Chen extended his arm as if to "kabedon" Bai Zhen Zhen, when suddenly a hand stretched out and unexpectedly clutched his wrist.

🙈🙈🙈 is this the mythical kabedon?! of course we couldn't be missing that in this novel! too bad you're not the ML we want! well, even if you were the ML we want, kabedon can only end in one way, which is, kick to the most defenseless part 😝 tun tun and there I see a fool prince in shining armor that wants to save the beauty^^ shine shine Huo Xiang there are so many places for you to shine ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆

Footnotes:

1: 如捣蒜般点头:lit. to kowtow like grinding garlic (idiom), fig. to pound the ground with one's head.