Chapter 11 Part 2: Capturing a Heart

Happy Saint George's Day! Today is one of my favorite festivities, as St. George is patron saint of my homeland and we celebrate it with a big book fair (since it's the Day of the Book), and it's also tradition to gift a red rose to females (coming from the legend where St. George kills the dragon and a red rose grows from its blood). I've always been very involved with the celebration since young, selling roses or books on the streets, and the whole day has a very festive and cheerful air to it, I really love it! So here we go, my 'book gift' for you! ^^

"Make up for it?" Bai Zhen Zhen was interested, and asked with a smile yet not a smile, "How do you plan to make up for it? Devoting your heart to him?"

Bai Mengru's mind was exposed, but she still pretended to be surprised: "Sister, what are you talking about!"

At this point, Yang Suping was actually more forthright, shrugging her shoulders and muttering excitedly: "Devoting yourself to him... might not be a bad thing."

"Enough!" Their conversation was interrupted by Father Bai's stern voice. It was obvious that anger had gotten to his head.

"Isn't all this precisely to treat my disease?! It has caused so many arguments! This disease, I'll just die from it!"

After saying that, Father Bai reached out and was about to pull the IV needle inserted in his arm.

Huo Xiang's eyes were fast, he jumped from the bed and grabbed his hand, stopping Father Bai's movements.

"Uncle Bai, don't be too excited ah!"

"Dad, what are you doing ah!" Bai Zhen Zhen was really anxious and hurried to her father. "The surgery was completed successfully, your condition is already much better. The follow up is chemotherapy. Dying from the disease if you say you'll die from it, are you treating all this like a joke?! "

Yang Suping echoed: "That's right ah, Old Bai, if you say you'll just die from illness say so before performing the surgery ah! Now that the surgery has been performed, we can't get the money back ah!"

Father Bai's heart was anxious, his face flushed red. Coming from a poor family, he somewhat felt inferior and hated the rich. He really didn't like the rich that much, always feeling that they were high above them, not looking down at them the common people from their high seats. He didn't want to flatter them, and also didn't want to seek them.

"I can get the treatment for the disease, but I don't need other people to pretend to do charity! And I absolutely won't sell my daughter!" shouted Father Bai.

Michael heard this and felt cold at the bottom of his heart, and subconsciously glanced at his boss. The boss didn't say a word, yet his complexion didn't look so good.

At this moment, Bai Zhen Zhen's face was also like she couldn't ask for more in this life. Talking about "big filial piety", wasn't her "dad" way too sensitive? Although Leng Hao Chen's way of handling affairs was overbearing, he didn't have evil intentions at all, doing "charity" was out of the question, and "selling one's daughter" was a way of speaking that was too grave.

"Well, dad, you can set your heart at ease and recuperate, you don't need to worry about anything else." Bai Zhen Zhen tried to calm down his mood.

She turned around to look at Leng Hao Chen.

"President Leng, you heard it just now. This is really a misunderstanding. Since my stepsister caused it unilaterally, she is also willing to bear all the consequences. For the matters that follow, you can do it yourse... you can have your assistant and lawyer negotiate with her."

When talking, Bai Zhen Zhen deliberately put emphasis on the word "stepsister".

Leng Hao Chen's eyes flashed a trace of displeasure. With a low voice, he asked: "You don't want to cross paths with me so much?"

Bai Zhen Zhen smiled indifferently: "President Leng, you and I don't belong to the same world, our paths should have never crossed in the first place."

Leng Hao Chen sneered when he heard this: "But many people from your world can't wait to lean on me."

Bai Zhen Zhen replied instantly: "Then you can go to them." After saying this, intentionally or not, she cast a glance at Bai Mengru.

"You really are a unique woman." With Leng Hao Chen's words, the corner of his mouthed rose slightly, "Very well, your 'playing hard to get' game has succeeded."

Bai Zhen Zhen: ?

---System: "Congratulations, host, you have successfully captured the book's first male lead's heart."

---Bai Zhen Zhen: "I captu... what the fuck!"

LHC is so self-centered!! >.< Poor BZZ with her heroine halo...

And now that Father Bai has finally acted his 'I don't want your dirty money' and 'If you're gonna fight bc of me, I'll just kill myself', can we please move on from the dog blood? Or maybe not orz this is a dog blood Mary Sue book after all...