Chapter 16 Part 2: Proposal on the Spot

The host hurriedly stopped him: "President Leng, please stay. The first prize of the lottery... must still be handed over by you ah! "

After saying this, he promptly gave a meaningful look at Xi Xixi and the hostess.

Xi Xixi agreed: "Then I will draw the ticket, and I'll trouble President Leng to hand over the prize."

The hostess also looked pitifully at Leng Hao Chen from the side, fearing that something would go wrong during the prize conferral. President Leng was a major shareholder of the mall. The organizers had explained it several times, President Leng needed to be involved in the award conferral!

"Okay." With the cooperation of the 3 people to make him stay, Leng Hao Chen finally took a step back and agreed.

The hosts let out a breath of relief.

Xi Xixi put his hand inside the lottery box and stirred it for a while. One of the walls of the lottery box was made of transparent plastic, therefore the audience could see by themselves that he picked a random piece of paper from the pile inside.

He handed it to the hostess. This time, she didn't keep the audience on tenterhooks. She knew that Leng Hao Chen's patience had a limit, so she just wanted to finish this first round without delay.

"Congratulations to the phone number starting with ---138, membership number 2333--- Miss Bai Zhen Zhen! Congratulations on winning the prize of this round--- the right to use the luxurious presidential suite of Xiangju Hotel for a month!!"

As the hostess's voice fell, everyone in the crowd looked around wanting to find the lucky one.

However, Bai Zhen Zhen, who had been preparing herself psychologically since this morning for her performance, was stunned for a moment.

Huo Xiang's grip as they held hands tightened, as he said excitedly: "It's us!"

Then she finally reacted.

At this moment, Leng Hao Chen's surprised expression was exactly as Bai Zhen Zhen expected.

Bai Zhen Zhen was thrilled, and she grasped Huo Xiang's hand tightly as they walked toward the stage.

When passing by Xi Xixi, she was met with Xi Xixi's surprised eyes.

She even heard him whisper, "Jia Jia?"

Indeed a naïve child.

"Hello, Miss Bai Zhen Zhen." The hostess said to Bai Zhen Zhen, "congratulations on winning the first prize. First of all, please greet the audience."

Bai Zhen Zhen waved at the audience: "Hello everyone, my name is Bai Zhen Zhen, Bai as in white, Zhen as in true."

Xi Xixi subconsciously asked: "You're called Bai Zhen Zhen?! Wasn't your name..."

Although he didn't have a microphone, the people on stage and some spectators closest to the stage heard it.

The hostess tilted her head as she glanced at Xi Xixi and asked probingly: "Xi Xixi, you don't... know Miss Bai, right?"

No matter how agitated Xi Xixi was, he also knew he couldn't say he "knew" her at this time, otherwise, he didn't know what would happen.

"I don't know her..." His sight hurriedly passed by Bai Zhen Zhen's face, then he pursed his lips in a smile and quietly lowered his head.

Bai Zhen Zhen was calm and composed, even smiling.

The hostess breathed a sigh of relief and continued. She glanced at the man next to Bai Zhen Zhen with some doubt, and asked her: "Miss Bai, may I ask, the one next to you is..."

"Oh, this is my boyfriend." Bai Zhen Zhen answered, "we heard that the first prize was a luxury suite, so we made a promise: if either of us wins, we will go together to the stage to receive the prize."

Footnotes:

1: (Lmao remember in chapter 10 when Huo Xiang said if he didn't call her Zhenzhen (true), should he call her JiaJia (false)? In chapter 2 BZZ told XXX that her name was Hei Jia Jia, although it used a different kanji it sounds similar to the Jia in 'false', these two people are indeed a match made in heaven xD).