Chapter 1

Eleanor gets off the train. She hasn't been back to Birmingham since her brother James died in the War in France. She knows that her return would not bring joy to some people. She's apprehensive. Are the Shelbys going to be glad to see her again.

She walks through Birmingham to the home of the Shelbys, who took her in, fed her when she and her brother were orphans. What's going to happen, how are they going to react when she comes back.

At the end of the street, she sees someone she knows very well, Polly. She's always thought of her as her own mother. Eleanor approaches, Polly in shock, not knowing what to say, but takes her in her arms.

Polly: Eleanor, what the hell are you doing here? Are you back?

Eleanor: Yes I'm back, and I'm not planning to go back.

Polly: Oh I'm so glad, I missed you so much. But your hair? Your outfit?

Eleanor has very long golden blonde hair. She wears a shorter skirt than the skirts that women have to wear.

Eleanor: I know that's not allowed in here, Polly.

Polly: Yes, you will not be well seen my child but after all what matters is that you feel good the way you are, you are beautiful, you always have been.

Eleanor: Thank you Polly.

Polly: Come on let's go home, I'm sure everyone will be happy to see you again, especially Ada.

Eleanor: Okay.

Eleanor and Polly arrive in front of the Shelby's house. Eleanor smiles, remembering the beautiful memories in this house. Polly opens the door, Eleanor follows her.

Polly : Boys, Ada !!! There's a surprise for you !!!

Finn: You bought candy ?

Polly: Ahaha no, you can't, by the way.

John: Money for tomorrow's race???

Polly: Not everything is about money either John.

Polly looks at Eleanor to tell her to come in the house.

Ada : Jesus Christ, that's not true !!! She smiles as she runs into her best friend's arms.

Arthur : I can't believe it ! I'm so happy to see you again ! While approaching to give her a hug.

John: Come here beautiful! While hugging her in turn.

Finn: Great, now you can sing songs to me every night!

Eleanor : It would have been a pleasure Finn, but unfortunately I don't sing anymore.

Thomas: That's a pity, but it's good that I've already found someone else to replace you. While smoking his cigarette in the corner of the door.

Eleanor: You did well! I hated this job anyway. She said, laughing and hugging Ada again.

Thomas: Guys, we have work to do, we have to go to the Lee's. Thomas patted John and Arthur on the shoulders.

Thomas: And it's good to see you again, but don't go out like that anymore. He stares at Eleanor and then turns his head.

Ada: Don't listen to him! You look great like that!

Eleanor: Oh don't worry, it's not for a man to tell me how to dress!

Thomas, John and Arthur are leaving.

Eleanor : I'm glad I came back, I missed you ! She's taking Polly and Ada for a big hug.

After they went to the Lee's, Thomas, John and Arthur are at the Garrison Pub

Polly, Ada and Eleanor arrive and settle down around the table in their private room.

The waitress comes in and serves them Whiskey.

Eleanor looks at her.

Eleanor : So you're the one who took my place? looking at her with a worried look on her face.

Eleanor: What's your name?

Thomas: Her name is Grace.

Eleanor: Oh now you speak for your waitress.

Grace: Grace, my name is Grace.

Eleanor: Nice to meet you, Grace.

Grace: Nice to meet you and you are?

Eleanor : Eleanor Brown.

Grace: oh I see, I've heard about you.

Eleanor : You have?

Grace : Clients often talk about you.

Eleanor: and what do they say?

Grace: that you were the best waitress, always smiling with a beautiful voice.

Eleanor: mmh, I see that people don't forget me. She looks at Thomas, while smiling at him.

Eleanor: Tell me, Grace? Can you sing?

Grace: Yes.

Eleanor: And dance?

Grace: I can manage.

Eleanor: Okay. You know what I like you.

Grace: that's nice.

Eleanor: I understand why you have this job. Eleanor smiles at her.

Thomas: You can go back to the counter, Grace.

Grace: all right, if you need anything else, just let me know.

Eleanor: We won't miss it, Grace.

Grace leaves the room.

John: what are you playing at?

Eleanor: I'm not playing anything, I just wanted to know who took my place.

Thomas: you left of your own, don't forget, so nobody here took your place.

Polly: Tommy!

Eleanor: It's ok Polly, he's absolutely right, I'm the one who's left.

Eleanor gets up.

Ada: Where are you going?

Eleanor: I need some fresh air, I'll meet you at home.

Eleanor's getting her things, open the door.

Thomas: you haven't been to his grave yet, have you?

Eleanor turns around.

Eleanor: you know what, tommy ,mind your own business!

Eleanor slams the door and leaves. 

Hieee Guys, hope you enjoy this first chapter. What do you think ? 

I'm doing this fanfic while using sometines the same events in the seasons of Peaky Blinders! 

I can't wait to post other chapters ! 

See you soon Byeeee xoxo