"I'm Dean Thomas!"

Again, his father was on a business trip for several months. Draco was only young- younger than he is now- when his father started his business trips again (wherever and whatever they were). Now Draco was eight years old and his mother was also out the house with her friends. That left the small boy to the House Elves who were very nice to the family, even if Lucius didn't reciprocate the gesture.

Fortunately, the House Elves were not around at the moment, so he snuck out the manor. He ran though the fields and forest to the light he always saw in the distance from his bedroom window. Grass brushed from his ankles showing through his trousers to shoes and some up to his thighs, the blades tickling him in a comfortable way.

Finally, he reached the point where the lights always shone in the dark. In front of the boy were houses lined in a row, each maybe less than two rooms in his manor. In the summer daylight, there was no light so Draco wondered if he had got the right place.

"Draco Malfoy?" He heard a voice from behined. Quickly, he turned to see a male a few inches taller than himself. He had hair dark brown like he was growing it out into an afro and even darker hazel eyes. "I'm Dean Thomas! I've heard about you from some other witch I met when I was younger." The boy seemed nice- was Draco's first thought.
"Greetings Thomas, pleasures all mine." He smiled politely to the boy his age. "I've never seen you before..." he trails off and thinks of what his father told him of other wizards. What were they? Oh yeah! Mudbloods, but mother's always ordered him to say muggleborns after he learnt the meaning. He didn’t think it was right that people were discriminated against because of their blood. Draco always thought it was like being mean to someone because they have different coloured skin, but Blaise Zabini is one of his best friends! It isn't right!

"Muggleborn?" He questioned in a curious way, not wearily.
"Oh, yeah. Found out a year ago! There was this witch who lived here- Gemma- she went to a school called Hogwarts two years ago then moved house. She gave me all her school books though! It is so cool!" Draco couldn’t help but smile at the boys enthusiasm. What was his father talking about? Muggleborns aren't vile creatures!

"Who's this Dean?" A woman asked, looking to be his mother- Draco assumed. They had the same nose, same eyes and even curly hair.
"Draco Malfoy, Mrs. Thomas, delightful to make your acquaintance." He kissed her hand like he was taught to do and stepped back.
"Such a gentleman, keep him as a friend dear." She said to her son and Draco beamed at the praise eventhough she wasn't speaking directly to him.
"He's a wizard mom!" Exclaimed Dean making Draco chuckle. He's never seen anybody this exited, even on birthdays or Christmas.

"Well it's nice to meet you dearie. You can pop over our house anytime you would like, it's the house just down there." She pointed to one and Draco moved almsot being hugged by her to see.
"Thank you, Mrs. Thomas. I need to go, but I will be back soon." He said the two. To his surprise, Dean hugged him. In the Malfoy household, hugs were more rare than a blood diamond and whenever he recieved one he would enjoy it.

So that is what Draco did. Whenever he could, he would slip away from his parents and go to the Thomas Household. There he learnt about many muggle inventions and taught them all about magic, the wizading school the children would most likely attend and what his life was like. He explained why he had to leave so abruptly and arrive at random times. He explained who He Who Must Not Be Named were, and about his defeat by Harry Potter- The Boy Who Lived. Dean caught on quickly for a child that Draco had a crush/adoration for his idle that was their age.

Lucius and Narcisssa Malfoy were none the wiser about their sons whereabouts at various points in the weeks thanks to the House-elves: specifically, Dobby, Tiffany, Sunshine and Pinky.