"He replaced Harry Potter then?"

The day before Hogwarts, a few days after Diagon Alley, Draco went to Dean's house because he couldn't get away from his parents at all.

"Dean! Draco's here!" Mrs. Thomas- or Maria as she keeps telling him to call her- yelled from the doorway to the kitchen. "Great to see you, how was your trip to Diagon Alley?" She asked him when the three were sat infront of a telly- he learnt the name years ago.
"I had to act all stuck-up around my parents." He sighed and Maria gave him a sympathetic look, "But I met this boy too: he had the most magnificent green eyes- they were like emarlds- and his hair was raven-black. He had these round glasses too." He smiled at the memory, fiddling whis his cup.
"He replaced Harry Potter then?" Dean smirked and nudged his arm.
"No!" He responded going red, "Maybe... urgh! I don't know!" He took a pillow and threw it at Dean.
"Oh don't tease him Dean." His mother scolded.
"But it's funny!" Dean got another pillow to the face.

"How was your trip to Diagon Alley?" Asked Draco.
"It was awesome! Everything felt so... so-" he struggled for a word.
"Magical?" Maria helped.
"Yeah!" He turned red and mumbled, "magical..." Draco couldn't help but laugh.
"Did you get a pet?" Draco asked, because he remembered that snowy white owl- she was gorgeous- but his father said he wasn't allowed to get it because they had plenty of owls at home.
"Nah, too much hassle. Mom says I can barely look after myself."

"Ooh, I hope we're dorm mates!" Draco beamed and rapidly tapped Dean on the shoulder like a teenage girl.
"Same! That would be so cool having my best friend around me!"

"It's getting a little late hun' you should go back, we can meet you at the train station tomorrow." Mrs. Thomas said, but all Draco wanted to do was spend the night with his best friend.
"OK..." he sighed and hugged Dean goodbye.

Once he made it to a back entrance, he quickly scurried inside to be stopped by his father. "Where were you boy?" His harsh tone sending unpleasant shivers down Draco, but he didn't show he was fazed.
"Out in the fields, father, you can ask Tiffany."
"Mmm, funny you should mention that elf, Draco: she was just with your mother..." Draco gulped but again, showed no visible sign he was afraid, "Would you care to tell me the truth son?"
"I took my broom out for a ride father. I'm sorry, I know you told me no flying because school was tomorrow." Inside he congratulated himself.
Lucius almost smiled at his son, "It's ok Draco. On a day like today, I would have expected nothing else of you. Don't do it again, however." Lucius went back to a monotone voice, "Now get to bed boy, you have a busy day tomorrow."
"Yes father." And he scurried to his room.