"Nicholas Flamel"

The three were situated in the Great Hall the morning after the game. Draco was fully healed, but Dean and Harry still insisted on staying by his side. Although annoying, he allowed it but drew the line at them holding his bag. "Harry, you've got mail!" Ron exclaimed, jumping from his seat to point at the owl swooping down with a long parcel.
"But I never get mail!" Harry gasped, curious as to what it could be.
"Well now you do," Draco said and leant over Harry to grab the note on it.
Ron gawped at the package, "Are you going to open it?"
Harry took a moment, before reaching for the brown paper. Before he could make one measly tear, Draco grabbed the top of his hand, "The note says to not open it here." He hissed so the three boys took the package out, which annoyed the other students wanting to see what he got.

They made their way to a secluded corridor and ripped the paper off. Ron and Draco gawped at the broom- the Numbus 2000! "It's the numbus 2000 Harry!" Ron excitedly tapped Harry's shoulder while Draco ran his hands along the brooms polished and smooth handle.
"But who would send me a broom?" Asked Harry. Ron ignored the question as he walked around the broom, taking in the design and registering how much faster it would be to any other broom.
"Dumbledore," Draco conceded after he examined the writing, "If Professor McGonagall brought it, then Snape would point out she is playing favourites and do the same for his team. Any other teacher would mean going against their house, minus Hagrid, but he wouldn't be able to afford such an expensive item at the moment." Ron glared at Draco but the boy ignored it because it was an observation, "And it's clear Dumbledore has a soft spot for you. It's the only logical explanation." He finished by back-handing the parchment.

0000o0o0o0o0o00oo0o0o0o0o0oo

After lessons one afternoon, Harry wanted to see Hagrid. With Dean, Seamus and Neville studying Ron decided to tag along. Draco would rather prefer studying with the dimwits than see Hagrid- he wasn't very fond of the half-giant but wouldn't dare tell Harry that- but with Harry pleading him snd giving him those eyes, Draco begrudgingly agreed.

Currently, they were all walking down a pathway to the mans hut, along with Hagrid himself that they caught on their way to talk to him anyway. Eventually, the topic of the Quidditch game was brought up and Draco clamped his mouth shut. He just knew Snape wouldn't do something like that. Yes he hates James' son, but he would never put a child at risk!

"Nonsense!" Exclaimed Hagrid, looking at Ron and Harry in bewilderment, "Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Never had Draco liked the half-gaint so much.
"Who knows. Why was he trying to get past that 3 headed dog on Halloween?" Replied Harry. Answering a question with a question, Draco cringed at, but had to applaud the other boy in him slyly slipping that in.
Hagrid faltered, this time he stared at the three of them, "Who told you 'bout Fluffy?"
"Fluffy?" Ronald repeated and Draco stomped on his foot, gesturing for him to shut up unless he has something intellectual to add.

Like he did nothing wrong, Draco sweetly smiled at Hagrid, "That's their name I presume?"
  Hagrid opened his mouth like what was spewing from it was a normal conversation, "Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the-" He stopped, looking at nothing in particular.
"Yes?" Draco encouraged.
"Shouldn'ta said that. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is." He said, starting to walk away.

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Harry protested. But Hagrid either chose to ignore it, or didn't listen. Finally, Draco had had enough of these accusations towards Snape.
"Enough already! Sev wouldn't do anything like that! He changed to the light side!" Draco all but shrieked, arms flailing in exaggerated gestures.
"You saw what that evil creature-" Draco glared at Ron, "-did to Harry's broom! You pointed it out!"
"It could've been any teacher though! Maybe Snape was trying to counter it!" Yelled Draco in defense, unable to grasp the concept Snape would willingly try and kill a child.
"Snape has the bloody dark mark." Ron said in a calmer voice but still spite lingering. Instead of rising to the bait, Draco stormed off.

Harry watched as one of his best friends walked away, up the path and into the castle without looking back. He sighed, turning to Ron with the same tired expression. But before Ron could figure out a reply, Harry stopped him, "Let's just carry on to his hut."

When they were invited in, Fang bounded towards Harry. The dog exitedly leaped, jumped and licked at Harry's face. "Down Fang, down!" Hagrid scolded and the dog whimpered but did just that.
"Hagrid..." Harry started, "What is Fluffy guarding?"
The half-gaints face turned defensive again, "Now, you listen to me, the both of you. You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."
"Nicholas Flamel? Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Replied Harry.
"I shouldn't 'uv told yer that. I should not 'uv said that." Repeated Hagrid, shooing them out of the door.

Ron and Harry walked back to Gryffindor Tower, quietly trying to discuss who this Nicholas Flamel person is. Finally, the two reached the portrait, still as clueless as ever about this new information. "I just have a feeling- like I've heard it before!" Harry said, stepping into the common room.

His eyes scanned for a neat or fluffy head of blonde hair. It wasn't that hard to find, as his hair was being illuminated like a glowstick by the light. Around him, Fred, George and Lee were throwing some spark around and came close to scolding his book but he wrenched it away just in time. He still didn't look up, entirely focused on whatever he was reading.

"Hey! Draco!" Called Harry across the common room. However, the blonde didn't look up. Instead, he stood still staring at the book and walked to the stairs. Carefully, he folded a crease in the corner and marched up them. Watching the scene play, Fred threw the spark to Lee but the boy didn't catch it. Instead, it hit off his robes, creating a burnt mark then doing the same to the floor. "Weasley!" Whined Lee, picking up the spark and launching it at Fred's head.

The same thing happened for almost an entire month. Whenever Harry, or even Ron at this point, tried to talk with Draco with Draco the blonde would walk in the opposite direction. He spent his time with Dean and Seamus or Blaise Zabini (who did say many things to Harry when Parkinson, Bulstrode, Crabbe or Goyle were around) and Theodore Nott. Inside of lessons, Draco sat with a girl called Hermione who irritated Ron, Harry thought it was because she's smarter than him.

"Why won't you just talk to me?" Snapped Harry, yelling at Draco as he chased the blonde into their dorm room.
"Because you think Snape's behind this! I KNOW HE ISN'T! HE WOULDN'T DO THAT!" Draco practically screamed and then threw a small figuring of a Dragon Snape brought him for his last birthday at the floor. Then, he banged his fist on the same wall and glared at Harry. Never had Draco glared at him and Harry felt a twinge of hurt.
"It's alright... if you think he isn't doing it, then. Then I believe you." Soothed Harry, walking over to Draco and running his thumb over the blonde's red knuckles. "You do? Like, really do?" They locked eyes and Harry lost all thoughts that Snape was trying to kill him. The pain in Draco's voice and look was enough for Harry to actually believe him.
"Yeah, I do." He whispered, brining Draco into a hug. He buried his face in Draco's shoulder and squeezed him tightly like he never wanted to let go. "I missed you." He murmured.
"I missed you too." Draco smiled.