Twenty-Eight

"Love is the only thing left that's true."

ϟϟϟ

Selene had missed the feeling of James' lips against hers. She felt a desire she had not felt in so long rise in her privates. She had slept with other boys, but their abilities simply could not compare to James.

James - her best friend, the boy who stole her heart, the supplier of the best sex she'd ever had, the boy who rejected her, the boy who shattered her heart into a million pieces, the boy who was waiting for her to tend to her wounds, the boy who loved her in return.

She wanted to give him her all.

She opened her mouth a tiny bit against his, giving him permission to kiss her with tongue. James responded instantly, opening his mouth and letting his tongue greet hers. One of her hands shook with anticipation as she reached up to his head, grabbing his hair lightly and pushing his head closer to hers.

She wanted to feel him, all of him.

James' hands trailed down her back to grab her butt. With one quick motion, he lifted her off of the bed and onto his lap. There, his hands stayed and he squeezed. Selene felt the desire in her parts light a fire in her soul. She didn't even notice when her hips began to move against his until she lost his lips to moans.

The friction that came from the two felt magical. Selene felt James' hands push her upwards in her motions, inaudibly begging her to go quicker. He wanted to feel her, too.

His eyes were closed and his lips open to try and get more air. Every other motion she made elicited a moan from his soft lips. The sound was rich and addictive, she wanted to hear more of it.

She tried to go faster, but his hands pulled her to a stop. James' eyes opened and she could see the lust that lay in them. "Wait." He directed, taking a moment to catch his breath.

He lifted her off of his lap and put her back where she originally sat. His eyes were still filled with lust, but there was something more. He had a gleam in his eye that appeared after he lost a Quidditch match.

James ran his hands up and down her arm and said, "I want to make you feel appreciated."

Selene tilted her head at him as she tried to decipher what he meant.

Luckily for her, she didn't have to try to decipher it for long. James was quick to fill in the gaps. "Look, I know that I haven't been the best person in the bedroom, or in general, to you. And if we are going to do this, I want us to do it right."

"How would we do it right?" Selene asked.

James licked his lips and eyed her up, carefully stopping his gaze to admire every feature. He paused on her chest for a moment and mumbled out a response, "By waiting. I want you, Selene. But... I want you to have some respect for yourself. I don't want you thinking this was a mistake."

Selene felt those words hit her like a pile of rocks. "You don't want me thinking this is a mistake like you did?"

She couldn't control herself, she stood up and began to pace. Her body began to shake as all of her hormones of want drained away to rage. Deep breaths didn't calm her down, if anything it frustrated her further that she even felt the need to.

"Please, let it all out," James said.

Selene paused her pacing. He wanted her to get upset.

"What did you just say to me?" Selene raised her voice, her frustration bleeding into her words.

"Look, you want time before you forgive me. But, I know from witnessing it all that communicating is important. It will help you recover. I do want you, Selene, but I don't want you to feel like I am using you. I did use you," James took in a deep breath and closed his eyes. He was probably recalling the times he lay on this bed with her to forget Lily and to feel something else. "I don't want to do that anymore."

Selene felt her legs begin to tremble. "Are you saying that you admitted feelings to me, apologized, came in here and told me the truth, and then tried to use me?"

"No!" James stood up and scrambled across the room to where Selene was.

He reached around her to try and pull her into a hug but she quickly maneuvered out of the way. She stared at him, letting him see how much he had hurt her. Letting him see how she still needed time away from him, letting him see how it was still too soon.

"I love you, Selene and I fucked up in the past," James let his arms fall back to his side in defeat. "I saw you tear yourself apart like you meant nothing when you meant everything to me. I didn't see it then, but I see and know it now. You are beautiful, capable, and worth so much more than you could ever know."

Selene looked at him, really looked at him. He appeared as damaged as she, wounded with guilt instead of rejection. He stood by and watched her fall apart. He lashed back at her when she lashed out and confessed her feelings by mistake. He had so much to be guilty about and yet here he was, admitting his love and trying to brave his way through it.

She took a step forward and wrapped him up in her arms. It felt good to be there again, head against his chest and breathing in his fresh scent. "I love you too, James."

She felt a kiss grace the top of her head as James began to hug her back. She felt the anger she had felt previously seep away. She was in a safe place and James was trying to learn from his mistakes.

Selene let him sleep beside her that night. They faced each other and continued their hug as they doze off.