Lost

You ran for a long time. You didn't want to see your parents. You didn't need to see them. If they were fine with not seeing you for thirteen (almost fourteen) years, then they can wait a little longer to see you again.

Then your foot hit air. The other foot slipped, and you started to fall down a steep hill. A rock scraped over your shoulder, and you yelped in pain. You tried to stop, but your foot caught and launched you into a different position. You started rolling, then finally hit the ground on your side.

You stood up shakily, cringing as blood started to soak your clothes. In an attempt at more protection, you pulled your power suit out of your backpack and slipped it on. You looked up at where you fell from, then behind you. You were trapped in a small ravine, a creek ran through the ground right next to you.

"Great job, Wild Cat." You muttered to yourself, starting to walk upstream. "You got yourself lost and hurt. How can I explain a wound like this to Aviva and Koki?"

As you thought, you noticed the creek widening into a large stream the further you walked. You stopped when you saw the stream waterfalling over several large rocks. You found a fairly dry rock and sat down.

After filtering some water, then cleaning and bandaging your shoulder wound (a difficult task, trying to take care of an injury on your shoulder blade), you tried to think of ways to get out of the ravine, or at least survive until someone finds you.

Using some fairly dry wood and leaves you found, you built a lean-to and a fire across the stream from it. You ate a little bit of the food you had, saving a lot of it in case you were there a long time. Then you waited in hope that someone would find you.

You waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Four hours later...

You sat in your shelter, bored out of your mind. Then the smell of fresh blood hit your nose, and there was a lot of it. You crawled out curiously, and saw some animal limping toward you.

As it came closer, you recognized it as a wildcat. A female. That, as it got closer, smelled oddly similar to Lucky. Of course, you're the only one who would know that last part.

"Is that really Lucky's mom?" You asked yourself quietly. The wildcat looked up at you quickly. You carefully moved toward her, and she hissed a little at you. You had to help her. She was hurt!

But she could be dangerous. You reminded yourself. Wildcats have very sharp claws and teeth, and even if they're small, the wounds they can leave may get infected.

The wildcat bolted past you, cowering against the rocks. You smiled slightly.

But, they're basically harmless to humans. You finished silently. You carefully moved toward her, and she didn't move.

An hour later, the wildcat was sleeping peacefully by the fire. Also, the Wild Cat was sleeping in the lean-to.

In the morning, you took care of the wildcat's injuries again. When you were done, you sat back and sighed.

"I need to find a name for you." You muttered. The wildcat looked up at you. "Hm... Why not... Clover?"

The instant you said her name, she jumped into your lap. You laughed and ran a hand through her fur, avoiding the cuts and injuries. Clover it was, then.

Your creature watch started to go off, scaring Clover. You answered the call in confusion.

"(____)!" Aviva said happily. "We're trying to get your location. What happened?"

"I ran and I fell off a cliff." You told her casually. Instantly, both Martin and Chris appeared in the camera. Martin was holding Lucky and giving him milk replacer. "You know Lucky's old enough to eat normal food, right?"

"Yeah, but when given the option, he picks milk." Martin replied, shrugging. "Are you alright?"

"Just a few scrapes and bruises." You told him. Then you grinned and turned the camera to Clover. "And a Lucky's mom. I called her Clover. What do you think?"

"I knew she was alright!" Martin cheered. You adjusted the camera to the dozens of scratches and wounds. "Oh no! That doesn't look good."

Lucky saw Clover, and instantly started making loud, high-pitched growling noises. Clover looked up, and made a growling meow so loud that you had to cover you ears as you jumped back in surprise.

"How does such a tiny creature sound so loud?" You asked. You heard your brothers laughed, but it was soon drowned out by the sound of the Tortuga flying over you.

Once you were back on, Lucky and Clover ran to each other. Clover sniffed her cub before licking him. Meanwhile your brothers hugged you right before Aviva came over with a first aid kit.

"Can you guys take care of Clover and Lucky for a bit? I'll make sure Wild Cat's alright." She told them quickly. They nodded, and walked over to the animals. Aviva made you sit so she could inspect your shoulder. "So... Why are you so afraid of talking to your parents?"

"I'm not!" You told her defensively. She hummed in disbelief.

"Maybe we should just call them. Physical interaction can come much later." She replied reassuringly. You crossed you arms, cringing as she disinfected the wound.

At least it'll be a while before we have a chance to call. You thought hopefully, looking at the wildcats in the mini forest habitat. We have other things to take care of right now.