━𝟏𝟕

𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑾𝑬 𝑳𝑬𝑭𝑻 𝑶𝑭𝑭

"He was satisfied with their embrace, an embrace that no other woman had ever and could ever match because she wanted him for him- the good and the bad."

"They didn't know what was coming for them tomorrow, so he wanted to hold onto her- onto this- for as long as he could.

Artemis was not restless as she fell asleep because the rise and fall of his chest were like a lullaby to her.

She hoped that they would survive the next day with as little trouble as possible.

More importantly, she hoped that Loki would survive the next day, remaining the man that was capturing the huntress' heart."

𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒌𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕 (𝒂𝒅𝒋.) - 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

ARTEMIS AND LOKI WERE HIDING IN AN ALLEY, trying to avoid the prying eyes of the bustling New Yorkers who walked frantically across Bleecker Street, busy to resume their normal affairs after their lives had been shaken by the Chitauri invasion.

Said ring-leader of the invasion was currently standing next to her, a black hood forced over his head after Artemis insisted he needed to wear one.

"Do Midgardians always looked so stressed? I haven't noticed," Loki said, lowering his hood just a tad to peer out into the street.

"Maybe it has something to do with the fact that a few weeks ago someone nearly destroyed their city." However, after saying it Artemis sighed, knowing that her words would cut brutally through him. "Sorry."

Loki's face was rather stoic as he looked down at her and pulled his hood over his head. "You have no need to apologize."

Artemis put a gentle hand on his elbow and pulled him out of whatever tortured memory he was reliving.

The home of Dr. Stephen Strange, the Sanctum Sanctorum, was across the street from them- the people that walked by oblivious to the powers that were hidden within the old looking building.

"He probably already senses that you're near," Artemis said, tugging at the sleeve of her Natasha's black-shirt, which she had reluctantly put on for combat mode. "The Avengers are sure to have told him to be on alert for you. We need to be quick before they show up."

"What's the plan then?" Loki asked, looking at the way Artemis was anxiously biting her lower lip. "We could-"

"You need to wait outside," Artemis said, pulling her fingerless gloves on as she adjusted her quiver. "Let me do the work."