━𝟐𝟏

𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒂𝒏 (𝒂𝒅𝒋.)- 𝒊𝒅𝒚𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕; 𝒔𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚

ARTEMIS WAS AWE-STRUCK.

The grounds of the Royal Palace were for more extensive than she had previously thought.

Thor had taken her first to the training grounds which consisted of an open-air cobblestone field that had several weapons hanging on limestone walls. The area could easily fit hundreds of warrior, and as they had passed it, several of them were engaged in light sparring- some dawning weapons that Artemis could only ever dream of.

She had seen a beautiful bow and arrow set right beside silvers swords. It was golden and had veins trailing the upper and lower limbs and the bowstring seemed to be made of silver threads. The tip of the arrows seemed to be made of some sort of sapphire material that stuck out and contrasted wildly with the white shaft.

She had told Thor to remind her to come back at a later time so she could get a closer look.

Currently, they were walking in the courtyard that had vines lacing the thick columns and a gentle trickle of water resonated through the air and slithered between the concrete benches.

It seemed that Thor had been biting his tongue the entire time, avoiding any mention of Loki, and ranting on and on about the beauty of his Asgardian home.

Finally, Artemis could take no more of it.

"Thor," she began, sitting on one of the benches, which proved difficult with the bunching of the skirt of her dress. "I know you have some things to say, so say it."

Thor took a seat beside her and ran a hand through his blonde hair. "Why do you believe in my brother so much? If I may say so, you barely know him."

Artemis knew he had things to say regarding Loki but she didn't know that was going to be the first thing that came out of his mouth. Thor looked particularly perplexed and slightly agitated as he waited for her response. 

"I know it seems that way. Honestly, if someone was telling me this story, I'd think they were crazy. The thing is, it's not like I just met him three days ago. He and I talked every day since he was imprisoned- sometimes even all day. It started out terrible, obviously since he's a dick and all, but every day I learned something new. Despite his bitching and his daily death threats, I knew something was off about it. In those days, he made me laugh and he made me scream. True, I didn't get to know him until a few days ago, but it was enough."