7 - Trim The Words

Sunflower 🌻
Chapter 7 - Trim The Words.

"Wait, I- I don't understand" I said, obviously confused.

"We explained it to you..." Beth said walking back to her place beside Hailey counting on her fingers. "...3 TIMES!"

"I still don't understand."

"It isn't that hard y/n!" Zendaya said, obviously annoyed. "They are together for the sake of their family's business, they are not 'in love'." She threw her hands in the air and said "That. Is. It."

"But how-" I started.

"Y/n. You know? We're not even saying it with secret words, waiting for you to realize the meaning. We told you the meaning" Hailey huffed.

"You should've tried the secret words." I muttered. "Why are you guys not in love?"

"Because we don't see each other like that. We're best friends. He's like a brother to me." Beth said.

"Then why are you dating?" I asked, dumfounded.

"You really are stupid" Hailey muttered while Zendaya nudged her elbows.

"I heard that." I said.

"I wanted you to." Hailey rolled her eyes at me.

"We are dating for the sake of our business." she paused and added "more of like our family's business."

"... Makes sense" I muttered.

They all threw their hands in the air while hailed dropped on the bed saying "finally." , "thank god!" And "took you long enough."

A knock was on my door. When Zendaya opened the door, we saw Tom on the door way.

"Umm.. am I... In the wrong room?" He said.

Zendaya shrugged "depends" she said.

"Where" he looked at the room number and frowned "is y/n's room?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed jumping from the vanity's chair and started walking "this is her roo-" my legs got caught up to thin air, I stumbled and fell on the floor. Tom didn't help me this time. "Aoowww"

I got up and made my way up to him "what?" I was straightening me clothes when I realized what I said. "Umm ...sorry. what is the reason for your not so expected visit to my humble room?" I waited for an answer but he didn't give out any "not so humble. What do you want, Holland?"

"What are they doing in your room?" He said, walking into MY room.

"Now what are you doing in my room?"

He turned looking around and said "Oh I just came to pick you guys up to go to the pool. Because last time someone called me because they were lost because they were 'new' to the place." then he glanced at me.

"Too much 'because' in one sentence" Zendaya reacted.

He rolled his eyes at her "you guys have 10 minutes until you're in your swimsuits." He said.

I clapped my hands and said "heard that? Yes now go to your rooms and get ready. I didn't even invite you here. I'ma wear another hoodie. Holland and I will be waiting for you in the lounge."

"One. My name is Tom-" he started

"I know." I replied

"- two. You're going with us-"

"Who said I won't?"

"-in the pool. Inside the pool"

".... No." I turned around but felt Tom catch my hand. Why is it so soft and gentle? No, it's not. Yeah, it's not.

Zendaya beat tom by saying "yess, you will"

I turned around to face her. "But I don't want to!"

"Why?" She said. But I didn't respond, I just glared at her.

"Ok guys, she won't come. End of discussion." She said while everyone walked out of my room. Except her.

She closed the door behind her but she didn't exit the room. She's still inside.

"Insecure, aren't you?" Z asked. I won't answer her, I'm not going to make a fool of myself by saying 'yes, I am'. So I just kept quiet. That didn't really go the way I wanted though because she knew I was insecure. It was the truth.

"It's ok. I was insecure when I first started modeling."

"How? You're literally-"

"Perfect, a queen, beautiful, blah blah blah. These words never entered my brain. I knew they were lying. But they weren't." She paused, walked towards me and said "just like I'm not lying when I tell you that you are beautiful and you have a good body, you don't have to be like Bethany, you know? You're only insecure for the things you think you are, but... News flash, they're just thoughts, they're not true."

I kept my head down thinking about the situation. "Did you go through this?"

"Yes."

"Who told you these words?"

"Believe it or not, no one. I told them to myself."

I hugged her, she tensed at first but hugged me back. "Thank you."

"Anytime. I'ma get two swimsuits and get ready with you, I'll be right back."

I hesitated. This was fast, I never thought I'd get over Sage's words that fast.

Don't you think you should hit the gym? You're gaining alot of weight.
Little did he know, I was having an eating disorder, I didn't eat at all.

Do you have schizophrenia? What's up with you? Thought he would ask what was up with me in a nice way. I was trying to change just to please him and his ways.

Live a little, depression is getting the best of you. You're too negative for my sake. Thought he would ask me what happened or who hurt me. But no. I was depressed because he didn't like the 'new me', although I changed just for him, but he still didn't like it.

I don't care about yo-

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I walked over to the door and opened it to reveal zen- Tom?

"Uh hi..?" I started.

"Hello, I came here to apologize if I made you do something you didn't want to do-"

"Oh no, it's totally fine, actually Z will come and get ready with me, I will go with you guys."

"Oh" a flash of... Relief? Passed through his eyes. "Ok" he smiled and said "I will leave you to it then. See you later..?"

"Yeah." I smiled at him and closed the door immediately.

After 3 minutes exactly, a knock was on my door. I opened it to find Zendaya storming into my room.

"You ready??" She squealed.

"Yeah... I guess." I didn't get over Sage's words after all...

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

No special note today :( we're currently (my mum and I) are on the way to the doctors to check on me bcz I have been pretty sick lately. Pray for me. I hope it's not Corona Virus (-_-メ) i may also be over exaggerating, but... Oh well.

Please vote and comment.

xoxo,
Saz.