𝟹𝟿| 𝚂ú𝚝𝚘𝚗

Súton (noun)

- twilight; the approach of death or the end of something.

~*~

My shouts were swamped out by the blaring music as I stood on the kitchen counter stomping my feet. There were so many bodies jammed into my house that I felt like I couldn't even breathe. I knew people looked forward to Caleb throwing parties but I didn't think that each year the number of guests would increase tremendously. 

"Fuck my ass!" Bella screamed, waving next to me with a bottle of beer gripped in her hand. She floundered and nearly went tumbling off of the counter when Tammy, who was on her other side, pulled her upright. "Whoopsie Daisy."

Snickering, I leapt onto the next counter, gawking at the dancing bodies before me. Sometimes it was nice to visualise that all these people were my friends. I wasn't wasted, I knew that. Earlier I only had one bottle of beer and I refused to have more. But who said you couldn't have fun while still sober?

"Yes, Charlie!" Bella shrieked, looking so intense. It was her stare that made me swing my body to the tune as she hyped me up. "Go, Charlie. Go, Charlie." She bounced onto the counter where I was dancing and began singing. "It's Bella. And Charlie. It's Bella. And Charlie. We're Bella. And Charlie."

"We know who you are!" Maya roared over the music with a laugh as Francesca held her close. "Shut the fuck up!"

Bella glowered at her and looked more stubborn than ever. She fastened her arm around mine and began stomping her feet, prompting me to do the same. "We're Bella! And Charlie! Bella! Charlie! Bella! Charlie!" This time she was practically screaming and I was sure that I went deaf.

I tossed my hands up and began hopping. "Bella! Charlie! Bella! Charlie! -"

"And Tammy!" The redhead shouted before making her way over to us. A loud laugh made its way out and I keeled over, convulsing as I choked on my own breath. 

Just then, Bella stepped on Tammy's foot, causing the redhead to fall on her ass, groaning as it made contact with the counter. I was finally able to get air into my lungs and looked up just in time to see Bella tumble off the counter.

She crash-landed on someone's back and they both went plunging over onto the ground. A series of groans sounded from them and I winced at the sound of someone's head thumping the ground. I helped Tammy up and we stared at the scene, waiting as Bella flailed her arms. 

Bella slowly got up and gawked at the person she fell on - Mattia. Her grey eyes were lustrous, courtesy of the excessive amounts of alcohol she consumed. "What the fuck, dude?" She screeched, getting all up in his face and causing his features to harden further. When he went to wipe his face, I realised she spat at him.